Wood Burning Stoves

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Wood Burning Stoves

Post by Zasso Nouka »

That would be awesome if you could fill the house with the smell of red wine :lol:
Chuck2 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:24 am
P.S. It's official we put our order in for our stove. Went with the Logi +oven+soapstone. Looking forward to next winter! :D
It's a lovely looking stove, very nice modern styling, with a huge firebox and having the oven as well should be a real benefit, reckon you'll be really happy when you get to fire it up. I wish we had an oven on our stove :cry:

Show us some pictures when you get it installed.

Tora

Wood Burning Stoves

Post by Tora »

Does anybody have a recommended stove polish or stove “black”? Should’ve done this 5-6 months ago… but better now than never!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Wood Burning Stoves

Post by Zasso Nouka »

We've used the Rutland one but you need to have a burn in the stove on a day you can open the whole house up as it can make a lot of smoke and smell pretty strong, I totally wasn't expecting that so lit the stove up one evening and suddenly the house was full of smoke and Mrs Nouka was giving me the look of death :doh: . Perhaps if you put it on in the spring and left it till autumn/winter it might not make any smoke but I can't guarantee that so be prepared.

Tora

Wood Burning Stoves

Post by Tora »

Thanks Zasso.

It was chilly here last night so we decided to fire up the stove to warm up the house in the evening. Winter may be coming but summer lives on in my house!

The Williams brand in the yellow package, which appears to be sold by Rutland in Japan , seems to have good reviews here and in the US so I’ll probably go with that. I will take your advice and make a good fire on a day when we can have the house opened up to let any smoke out.

donguri

Wood Burning Stoves

Post by donguri »

Tora wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:54 am

The Williams brand in the yellow package, which appears to be sold by Rutland in Japan , seems to have good reviews here and in the US so I’ll probably go with that.
We use the Williams brand polish and it works well. Mr Donguri takes care of the stove, so I don't know any particulars, but we've never had any smoking weird smells and the stove looks good.

Tora

Wood Burning Stoves

Post by Tora »

donguri wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:40 pm
Tora wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:54 am

The Williams brand in the yellow package, which appears to be sold by Rutland in Japan , seems to have good reviews here and in the US so I’ll probably go with that.
We use the Williams brand polish and it works well. Mr Donguri takes care of the stove, so I don't know any particulars, but we've never had any smoking weird smells and the stove looks good.
Thanks Donguri! That’s good to know.

Been busy with other projects and the price had gone up ¥6-800 when I went to order it the other day so I said “NOPE”. Maybe the price went up when the temp went down last week and people started using (read ”paying attention to”) their stoves. I’ll wait a few days and check again. If the price doesn’t come again, I’ll probably order it from the scAmazon in the US as it seemed cheaper that way than buying it in Japan :roll: