The Secret Life of Cats.

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
gonbechan
Founder
Founder

The Secret Life of Cats.

Post by gonbechan »

We have one cat. I know it sounds lonely, but she is legion.
She is a lynx point Siamese Cat (half monkey, half cat and half mad) that I inherited when one night the car in front of me on the Bantan Expressway threw her out of their car window at high speed.

She had broken shoulder blade, fractured front leg and several broken ribs. She was also pregnant.
The Vet patched up the breaks and spayed her and removed the babies which were still small enough to dispose of (some of them were already dead).
She spent the first month or so mostly inside my sweater like a baby kangaroo.
I am not sure if the trauma of the accident or the bliss of being a baby kangaroo is to blame, but even today, she has terrible separation anxiety.

She is about 16 years old now, but still sprightly when she is awake. Her tummy is not as good as it used to be and she can only eat boiled chicken and Hill's Science Diet. As she gets older, the nasty pukey habit has picked up, and she has found a novel way to throw up that seems to amuse her no end.
She sits at the top of the stairs and pukes downward.
On a good day she can get as many as 5 steps down.
This is always followed by a mad 15 minute dash around the house to celebrate.

Do you have cats? If so, what are their secret foibles?
Do tell.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: The Secret Life of Cats.

Post by Zasso Nouka »

She's a real beauty Gonbechan (apart from the stair pukey thing)

One of our cats likes to eat sweetcorn

He's also quite partial to strawberry's

CYEK

Post by CYEK »

Story Time.

We use to have a rural property with a few feral cats hanging around. One day my father caught a big marmalade one in the shed about as big as a medium sized dog and so began the experiment to domesticate it. Took him around 2 months to get it to eat cat food. Took another few months before he could go in to the shed room it was in without it hissing and snarling. Eventual it became semi domesticated and would walk with us everywhere around the property. It had the meanest nastiest streak that always came out when ever anyone turned up with the scent of their pet cat or dog. If friends came over with dogs they were advised to be careful as it had no fear and would launch an attack. One day it crawled under the tractor/slasher and didn't get out quick enough when my dad started the slasher up. He rushed it off down to the vet and told them to do what had to be done as it was in agony with one leg hanging off and a massive gash in its stomach. A few weeks later he gets a call that his cat is ready to be picked up. My dad said which cat? They told him the one he dropped off. Can't you just dispose of the body instead of me coming down there to take it back up here and bury it he asked. They then told him it is alive and doing well but has a limp and a bill for $1080. When he told them to do what was necessary he meant to put it down so not to suffer but they thought he meant to fix it. From that day the cat was called 1080 and no more visits to the vet.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Awesome story man, that must have been one tough cat.

Our new kitten has just got back from the vet after being spayed and now has to wear an Elizabeth collar to stop her worrying the stitches out.

Surely there must be something better as it really impedes her moving around the house, does anyone have any suggestions ?

CYEK

Post by CYEK »

put the kitten outside where it has more room.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Can't happen man until she has had her stitches out from being spayed, luckily that's tomorrow so off comes the Elizabeth collar and she is free to roam around outside and burn off all that kittenish energy

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

At last she will be free of her slave to Elizabethan fashion.
I bet you she will be really happy to get out and about, either that or she won't want to leave the warmth of the fire.