Savings, retirement, investments

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Savings, retirement, investments

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Thanks Paradoxbox but I'm not as young as I'd like to think, approaching mid fifties here. I try not to think about it too much but what can you do.

I'm still trying to get my head around choosing your own stocks (previously with owning an ISA in the UK you had a fund manager taking care of that for you and obviously that being their full time job they were good at it) so my thought with choosing some stocks that pay a dividend is that it might provide some income that could be reinvested to buy further stocks that were more growth orientated. Does that sound like a reasonable plan to you or would you advise buying growth stocks at this stage and then shifting over to dividend paying stocks in later life ?

Obviously still got a lot to learn and have started following RetireJapan.info, Mr Money Mustache and various investment blogs and sites but it's a lot to take in. It's not uninteresting and always enjoy learning about new things but there is so much to learn.

I've changed my mind about buying Tesla stock, still really like what Elon Musk is doing and do think he wants to make a difference but it seems like the well established car companies aren't going to ignore electric cars forever and once they do switch their production over to EV's that could hit Tesla hard.