A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Solar Power

Post by Zasso Nouka »

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:53 pm
16,000円, damn that would be handy. Just need to convince the wife to do it. She's very reluctant at the moment. I suppose I can see her point, we've just moved in. But the sooner we do it the sooner we can pay it off is my thinking.
We get that because we got a very good feed in tariff when we first signed up, the pitch of our roof is ideal and it is directly south facing. You'd have to check up with your supplier what rates it is currently paying and also check with your local council and prefecture or local installation company to see if any grants are still available.
DocDoesFarming wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:53 pm
So I take it you automatically "sell" the daily energy by not using it right?
Yes, that's right. Any excess you produce is automatically sold to the grid. You get a handy little panel that show's how much you are producing, what percentage of that you are consuming and how much is being exported.
LeeB wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:37 am
In regards to Japan, I thought that they locked in a feed in tariff for ten years......is that plan already coming to and end or was that only for commercial generators?
As far as I'm aware you still get a guaranteed feed in tariff for the first 10 years.
LeeB wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:37 am
Also in Japan can you do a DIY solar panel installation?
I'm not 100% sure, I think you could install the panels yourself but would need a qualified electrician to hook them up to your mains but that is probably beyond the skills of your average diy project.

LeeB

Re: Solar Power

Post by LeeB »

For those of you interested in solar power in Japan here is a web site that has links to sites that will give you information on the subsidies that are available:

https://www.solar-partners.jp/subsidy.html