And this is why They sell Kevlar chaps in chainsaw shops

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: And this is why They sell Kevlar chaps in chainsaw shops

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Thanks Wendy,

I must confess to being a tad nervous of looking at my leg when I realised what had happened but fortunately it wasn't as bad as it could have been. All in all a valuable lesson I think.

Brandon88

Post by Brandon88 »

Been there my friend. Had to get 7 stitches above my left knee a couple years back. near same place as yours. Then I learned thats the most common place for chainsaw injuries. Working for a while in the heat, getting thirsty, sweat in your eyes, arms start getting heavy, take a step uphill and ZIP. I was by no means inexperienced. Before that I had never worn chaps and have fell hundreds of trees without them. Just went with the be safe and careful method. Now I wear them even if its a small job. Turns out you can always be a little more safe and careful! I learned to force myself to take more breaks as well. Leg healed okay thankfully. I was going to attach a photo for dramatic effect, but the file was to large. Probably better for your stomachs anyways. :D Get some chaps, stay hydrated and be safe out there everybody!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Sensible advice indeed @Brandon88, you can never be too careful or too safe. A fleeting moment can leave you regretting for a very time after when something like this happens, I'm glad you too made it without any lasting injury.
Brandon88 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:15 pm
I was going to attach a photo for dramatic effect, but the file was to large. Probably better for your stomachs anyways.
We only have a small amount of disk space on the server so you can only attach small pictures to posts but you can use free picture hosting services like Imgbb.com and then paste a link using the "Insert Image' icon.

Brandon88

Post by Brandon88 »

Thanks Zasso. I didnt know about imgbb. Ill give it a try. It sounds like somebody wants to see the picture. ;)