Bog roll blues.

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Bog roll blues.

Post by gonbechan »

Well finally Senor Gonbe was able to lay his hands on a 12 pack of bogroll. We had been getting low and completely did not see the mega rush happen until it was too late. I thought we were going to be in a world of hurt but we good to 'go' again for a while.

Hopefully people will come to their senses sooner rather than later. But the damdest things are sold out around us.
Like natto and bananas.

What have you noticed a scarcity of?

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Bog roll blues.

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Loo roll has finally started appearing in shops around us again but everything else (with the exceptions of masks and hand sanitiser) seems most other things are currently in stock.

Tora

Post by Tora »

Apparently canned beer is selling like hot cakes. People are either afraid to go out drinking, stressed from having the kids home every day or they’re stocking up for the apocalypse.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Tora wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:36 am
Apparently canned beer is selling like hot cakes. People are either afraid to go out drinking, stressed from having the kids home every day or they’re stocking up for the apocalypse.
Maybe I should stock up on Strong Zero then :think:

Been watching the news about panic buying back home and shopping has turned from being a mildly boring past time into an utterly merciless pugilistic sport with no quarter given.

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

It's crazy, little while ago here in Shizuoka the great dunny roll buyup happened, nobody stopped to think about the HUGE paper factory in Fuji city pumping out the stuff. It not like we would run out! Saw today back in Australia they are saying that between 7am and 8am supermarkets are opening just for the elderly and disabled. Pretty sorry state of affairs.

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

My mother-in-law could barely hide her glee when they showed on the news the Australians fighting over the toilet paper in the supermarket after I had been making fun of the Japanese for panic buying it.

As an aside my mum (living in Australia) is Indonesian - she’s not worried - said when she was a young girl they didn’t use toilet paper, that was what the left hand was for...

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Ibaraki llama wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:18 pm
As an aside my mum (living in Australia) is Indonesian - she’s not worried - said when she was a young girl they didn’t use toilet paper, that was what the left hand was for...
That was the same for me when living in India, felt really gross upon returning to the UK and not being able to wash after going to the toilet :oops: