Local wildlife.

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Local wildlife.

Post by gonbechan »

This morning as Señor Gonbe was on the way to work, I poked my head out of the front room window that opens right outside the genkan, to tell him something as he went on his way.
I saw a flash of orange running along the wall behind him and at first thought it was a cat, but then realised it had a very floaty run and was rather long.

As I was asking Señor Gonbe if he saw anything, we both saw an itachi with a baby in her mouth sneaking into the stockroom (those semi transparent totan leanto thingies on the side of country houses). In a flash she came back out and went off but came back again 3 more times with more offspring.

Clever girl. That neighbour is a bit of a hoarder. His stockroom is piled high with boxes and junk in a rather random and very unchanging manner. So I reckon she now has a nice place to be unbothered by anyone or anything until the weather gets warmer.
The neighbour is a musical instrument repairman, so they might have to put up with the odd badly played saxaphone and flute sounds.

Chuck

Local wildlife.

Post by Chuck »

Good thing about itachi is they are good for keeping down the numbers of mice and rats. If you talk to your neighbour make sure he knows female itachi are a protected species, so he is kinda lucky!

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Local wildlife.

Post by gonbechan »

we don't talk to him much after he tried to get rid of suzumebachi with a spray can and a lighter.
He almost burned his and our house down. lol
I think not saying anything will be the best bet because I have never seen them going into the stockroom, and the profile of piled up shit never changes.
I reckon Ms Itachi and family are safe as houses lol.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Local wildlife.

Post by Zasso Nouka »

We have an Itachi that visits most mornings and eats the biscuits we put out for the tanuki. Not sure if it is a male or female but it's really cute and all the cats and tanuki know to leave it well alone, to say it's a bit feisty might be understating it a bit :lol:. It might be tiny but it's totally fearless and seems quite ready to take on an opponent many times it's own size.