What did you do today?

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Zasso Nouka »

What a lovely beach you have man,

Our beach has a rather nasty rip current so you can't safely swim there but sometimes we go down at night to watch the milky way and chill with the sounds of waves washing up on the sea shore.

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox »

Transplanted a bunch of central/south american tobacco plants outside earlier this week, they seem to be OK but they need a lot of water to survive the heat.

I found some "accident tomatoes" that popped up in my old compost pile - that was a happy surprise! they're in flower so they should give a nice little harvest from late september or october or so. the neighbors' tomatoes were still going strong into early december, maybe i'll get lucky like that too.

planning to paint some of the interior walls of the house with limewash since they're covered with gross, nicotine stained plasterboard as is common in j-houses of this age. we'll see how well the limewash sticks and covers, if it doesn't go well i might just rip them all down and replace them with plywood and wallpaper.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Today I cut the top of one of my fingers off while chopping seed potatoes in half in preparation for planting next week. Currently it's bleeding profusely and I'm dabbing it with tea tree oil, there is a wedge of skin laying on the workbench that is now forever going to be apart from where it belongs. Didn't even feel the box cutter making the slice it was that sharp and only realised when I saw the blood jetting over me tatties :doh:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Poor spuds, they must have been traumatised.

Take care of your finger though. The humid weather won't help but try to keep it as dry as possible.
And get some finger condoms for when you have to work.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

gonbechan wrote:And get some finger condoms for when you have to work.
Do they come in ribbed or tickler varieties ? :lol:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Had a rather unusual experience this morning while delivering to one of the michi no eki. Approaching a set of traffic light where I turn right to enter the michi no eki and with no one coming in the opposite direction and they just started to change so I thought I can probably make it before they go red, as you do.

So I'm committed now, having stepped on the gas to get there in time and not wanting to come to a tyre burning halt, I start indicating to go right and just a moment before going through them they flick to red, no worries think I but who should be waiting around the corner concealed from view ? Yes a white bike :eek:

So, it's amazing how quickly things can pass through your mind, I'm already mentally waving goodbye to 7,000円 and any chance of a gold menkyo at the next renewal. Plus there's the inevitable walk of shame when getting back home and explaining to Mrs Nouka what happened when I notice the that he's smiling slightly and wagging his finger :naughty: and shaking his head rather than pulling me over for the inevitable ticket. A huge sense of relief as I'm driving away (very slowly mind) and thinking that must be the first time I've ever seen anyone in Japan wagging their finger like that.

Funasshi

Post by Funasshi »

Wow, what a story. Lucky lucky. :eek:
A somewhat relaxed Japanese traffic cop... unusual indeed. Must be only possible in inaka.
In cities I myself have encountered strictly-by-the-book police officers only so far. Of course, they are super relaxed when it comes to organized criminals, both domestic and foreign. Cause you know, being organized equals good (plus it is scary). :lol:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Had another tv crew around yesterday
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Eric in Japan

Post by Eric in Japan »

When does/ did it air?
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Not sure yet, they still have to shoot the close up camera work and food but it should go out in October. Will give you dates and times when we know. I'll warn you before hand this one is far less serious than any of our previous appearances.