Garden Tractor

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Jamie

Garden Tractor

Post by Jamie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:34 pm

We are in the market for a garden tractor...something that can spend most of it's time cutting the grass, but also has the necessary wherewithal to be something more - perhaps tilling the land, being an oversized wheelbarrow, pushing snow (if image changes allows us to have any decent amount in the future), and I'm sure there will be plenty of other jobs I haven't thought of that it could be useful for.

I've seen some go-kart sized grass cutters, for similar prices that one can buy garden tractors for in the US. And a couple of garden tractors from the US at crazy prices.

So, what would you recommend? What to buy from a go-kart style to tractor? Any particular brand thats good or should be avoided? Where to shop?

Thank you in advance
Jamie

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Garden Tractor

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:27 am

I haven't seen any reasonably priced garden tractors in my area, like you I've only seen one imported from the states at a silly price and wondered about having it serviced or repaired if the need ever arose. That's not to say there isn't a dealership somewhere selling them for a reasonable price and someone else may know of one.

For grass cutting I use a push along engine powered lawnmower and for regular farm work a small Kubota tractor with a front loader type bucket on the front.

And for light tilling or working inside our poly tunnels we have a little Iseki rototiller

The tractor can push snow in an emergency but we don't get much in Chiba :lol:

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:58 pm

I would personally love a BCS from the states but the import cost would just about foot me a house.
Ive been looking around for a small 2 wheel tractor in japan for awhile and have not seen anything, everything here seems to be built for purpose, either tilling or mowing or something else but nothing that does it all. Hopefully someone else has had better luck! Round my area they grow alot of turn and have ride on mowers but they are just that mowers.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu May 09, 2019 3:24 pm

So I think we are going to just use a walk behind tiller, and the same for a mower. If the budget allows, we can get an ATV for light hauling, snow removal, and heavy amounts of fun in the future. But for now, it looks like my legs (and the wheelbarrow) will be getting a work out.

Thanks for your comments.

Side note: how do I thank people. I tried clicking the thumbs up icon... but that just made it thumbs down (sorry!)?

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Thu May 09, 2019 4:59 pm

when you click the thumbs up on a post, it will add a thanks underneath that post.
The thumbs down is how you would cancel your thanks in case of accidental thumbs up, I suppose lol.

poorsage

Post by poorsage » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 am

You can rent small walk behind tillers from Komeri home center.
About ¥4000 a day I think, it depends on what size you rent. If you won’t be using a it a lot that could work out to be more reasonable.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:05 am

poorsage wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 am
You can rent small walk behind tillers from Komeri home center.
Nice find, that's pretty useful to know. Thank you for sharing.