Agri World 2016

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri World 2016

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Dates for this years Agri World are 12 - 14 of October at Makuhari Messe, the main expo is made up of AgriTech (Farming machinery, fertilisers & pesticides and livestock supplies), AgriNext (drones, hydroponic supplies & lighting and agricultural IT solutions) and Farmers' Processing & Sales Support Expo (featuring packaging materials, processing machinery and freshness management amongst other areas). Whilst not everything will appeal to everyone there are some interesting ideas and every year more organic solutions that are common practice outside of Japan. The farmers' processing expo has some great ideas for vegetable and processed food packaging and the gelato machines that will turn virtually any vegetable into tasty ice cream are well worth sampling :D

There are also three other concurrent shows, IFEX (the international flower expo), Gardex (the international garden expo) and Tool Japan (international tools & hardware expo). Tool Japan is great for anyone interested in DIY or outdoor tools and you can try many of them out in special demonstration areas.

More information can be found on the main homepage and tickets can be requested here, entry is free of charge.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Re: Agri World 2016

Post by gonbechan »

ooo farmer pr0n

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

They also have lots of big tools in the Tool expo, fnarr fnarr :lol:

Flockaducks

Post by Flockaducks »

Will have to check that out

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Mostly it's aimed at trade buyers but there is always a few exhibitors for small farmers and we've picked up a few good ideas or products over the years. Sometimes seeing an exhibit gives you an idea for trying a DIY project on your own land.

Flockaducks

Post by Flockaducks »

Yea thats it! ive started building an aquaponic system so i wouldnt mind checking out some of the techie stuff to get some ideas

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Got back from the Agri World show with some interested items

Got a nice shiny new nata which promises to reduce the impact shock when chopping and some interesting seeds like the red sasage beans and small egg sized stripey nasu and something called Brow Beans (which I can't find much information on but they looked interesting).

Factory farming was being heavily plugged this year with lots of setups promoting hydroponic salad growing under led lights but to be honest most of the salad looked and felt very floppy and the samples being given away were practically tasteless when compared to lettuce grown under natural sunlight (either hydroponically or in soil). I can understand the attraction to be able to grow in a controlled environment given how bad this summer was for vegetable production but not sure the results that are on offer at the moment justify the costs if all it produces is limp salad, there wasn't a single crunchy head of lettuce to be seen and almost 99% of the displays were producing the same limited range of baby leaf salad. Also couldn't find any of the agricultural robots that were promised :crying-yellow:

Still all in all it was an interesting expo with lots of new ideas to think about and Mrs N got lots of inspiration for new packing ideas and the tool expo is always fun.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

I really like the pedo-bear and friends erasers.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

gonbechan wrote:I really like the pedo-bear and friends erasers.
And that's what we thought they were until we opened the packaging

I bet Ikedasan thought it bloody hilarious giving us three of them, I am so triggered right now :crying-yellow:. It's only 1 metre long and that won't even go around my belly :crying-yellow:

Funasshi

Post by Funasshi »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
gonbechan wrote:I really like the pedo-bear and friends erasers.
And that's what we thought they were until we opened the packaging

I bet Ikedasan thought it bloody hilarious giving us three of them, I am so triggered right now :crying-yellow:. It's only 1 metre long and that won't even go around my belly :crying-yellow:
What an insult, so anyone with a girth of above 1 meter has metabo? :evil: