Agri World 2016

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Agri World 2016

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Funasshi wrote:What an insult, so anyone with a girth of above 1 meter has metabo? :evil:
Maybe that's why Ikedasan gave us three, so we'd be able to reach all the way around, he's a bit of a wit and you've seen that neither of us are exactly svelte :D

Funasshi

Post by Funasshi »

Zasso Nouka wrote: Maybe that's why Ikedasan gave us three, so we'd be able to reach all the way around, he's a bit of a wit and you've seen that neither of us are exactly svelte :D
Ah, sorry man I totally missed it being a novelty item. I suspect I gradually lost most of my sense of humor sitting in the office for so many years. :crying-yellow:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Funasshi wrote:I suspect I gradually lost most of my sense of humor sitting in the office for so many years. :crying-yellow:
Well that's what we are here for, to bring a ray of sunshine and silly humour back while you are getting ready for the big leap into the countryside ;)

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

Gonna dredge this thread up sorry, anyone heading to this years expo?

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Absolutely, it's a really good event and we often get some great ideas. The tool section is always a must see and you can buy new and interesting tools there and watch demonstration. I think it might have been last year that I managed to get 2 bottles of very nice shochu on the last day from a stand that didn't want to take them home.

Quite often there are seed companies there so you can speak to their representatives about best growing conditions or buy new varieties they will be introducing. Mrs Nouka always gets new ideas from the packaging section and they will often give you a goodly amount of samples so you can try them out.

We've had some awesome free gifts from there that even years after we use quite often, last year one of our friends was given a whole load of mushroom growing kits the company didn't want to take home so her apartment living room was ram packed with mushrooms and she grew so many she was giving them away to everyone she new.

The last few years have had stands from prefectures wanting to encourage new farmers willing to move to their prefecture and they explain about the various grants on offer and what assistance the prefecture is willing to offer.

My one criticism of Makuhari Messe is that there are only a few restaurants inside the complex so if you want to eat there you have to either eat really early or queue for a very long time. A lot of people now seem to park in Funabashi Aeon (oopps, Makuhari Aeon Mall not Funabashi) and grab lunch there before heading over to the expo to avoid the parking fees at the Messe car park.

You can get further details and apply for tickets here Nougyou World 2018

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

Yea nice, a friend of mine hooked me up with some tickets so me and the lady are going to go check it out this year

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Although a lot is aimed at the larger farmers and factory farming there's still usually plenty to see for the small farmer. Last year drones were really being pushed and it will be interesting to see how they develop over the next 5 - 10 years, it will be awesome when we can finally get useful agricultural robots to do some of the heavy or more mundane jobs for us. That can seriously raise your productivity.

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

yea i noticed on the site or flier that there were heaps of drone companies, as an aside a mate just got one for upward of 100,000 and the thing is amazing! got a range of about 2km and you can fly from your phone its unreal! Im hoping there will be some cool small scale stuff!
Recently in Aus theres been work done on these cool row weeder robots, sprayers and pickers its really cool stuff but looks like broad acre stuff now

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Managed to catch a spot of celebrity flower arranging yesterday at the Expo

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

Didnt get to the flower arranging myself yesterday too many good tools to check out! i see what you mean about the drones by the way, it almost looked like an airshow in some parts!