Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Gun ownership and hunting in Japan

Post by Zasso Nouka »

gonbechan wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:32 pm
I reckon you can use your pneumatic one if you have a portable compressor which can be jerry rigged from an old propane gas tank. (I have used that for airbrushing and it works fine.)
We're talking about one of these aren't we ?

Tora wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:37 pm
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Sadly no, a homemade spear is fine, a massive handcrafted knife/machete again no problem but any projectile weapon has to be licensed.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
just saying.

Tora

Post by Tora »

Gonbechan must be looking forward to the stories bound to happen if I were to survive getting close enough to a pissed of boar to use a thing like that or suggest to wifey that I need to buy the machinery to make something like it!

Then again, I do have a length of pipe, some rebar and an old inner tube....

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Tora wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:46 am
Gonbechan must be looking forward to the stories bound to happen if I were to survive getting close enough to a pissed of boar to use a thing like that or suggest to wifey that I need to buy the machinery to make something like it!

Then again, I do have a length of pipe, some rebar and an old inner tube....
absolutely plan to live vicariously through your experiences. haha.
I know i come off as a bit of a gore-queen but to be honest, the quickest method of killing a trapped animal is the best.

I always wondered why the cage traps didnt have the option of sliding the sides inward until the animal is immobilised and prevented from thrashing around.

Maybe modding a trap to allow that might make the kill easier for all involved.

Tora

Post by Tora »

gonbechan wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:07 pm
I know i come off as a bit of a gore-queen but to be honest, the quickest method of killing a trapped animal is the best.

I always wondered why the cage traps didnt have the option of sliding the sides inward until the animal is immobilised and prevented from thrashing around.

I thought you jut wanted to hear about gullible people losing battles with animals :lol:

I would prefer not to feel the need to do animals in for living their lives but I grew up with a “If you eat what was going to eat then I eat you!” Philosophy.

I’m not sure how to work your designs into a trap I’ve never used. I was actually wondering how I could get the poor animal drunk before doing it in so it could go happy and relaxed (and therefore more tender!). Don’t suppose a panicked boar would be up for trying some alcohol in a situation like that though....

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

I reckon if you leave it in the trap for a day or so then give it some koyatofu or even kibbles thats been soaked in warm strong zero with added sugar .. the inoshishi would gobble it all up.

Now how high or low an alcohol tolerance a wild boar has is anybody's guess but sloppy drunk is definitely easier to deal with than death squeal panic.

Otona Cream Pie

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

gonbechan wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:07 pm
I reckon if you leave it in the trap for a day or so then give it some koyatofu or even kibbles thats been soaked in warm strong zero with added sugar .. the inoshishi would gobble it all up.

Now how high or low an alcohol tolerance a wild boar has is anybody's guess but sloppy drunk is definitely easier to deal with than death squeal panic.
My vote is for happoshu...and maybe some maple syrup. I can already smell the bacon :twisted:

KumamotoHunter

Post by KumamotoHunter »

Tora wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:47 pm
gonbechan wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:07 pm

I thought you jut wanted to hear about gullible people losing battles with animals :lol:

I would prefer not to feel the need to do animals in for living their lives but I grew up with a “If you eat what was going to eat then I eat you!” Philosophy.

I’m not sure how to work your designs into a trap I’ve never used. I was actually wondering how I could get the poor animal drunk before doing it in so it could go happy and relaxed (and therefore more tender!). Don’t suppose a panicked boar would be up for trying some alcohol in a situation like that though....
I speared a boar I had trapped in a cage last year. Use wooden branches or poles to block off the cage until you have the animal in a small space. Get the boar to rear up at you by dangling your hands above the cage. You can then get a quick, clean, killing thrust. I wouldn't want to do it again though. Much prefer gun hunting.

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Does hunting Inoshishi bring in mega bucks as far as hunting goes?
I know the average price is something like 2/3万円 depending on size but after applying for a licence, buying a gun and all that bollocks, is it worth it?
I'm not really interested in hunting as a sport generally speaking but dispatching captured Inoshisi as a necessary job then I'm willing to do it.
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

VanillaEssence

Post by VanillaEssence »

For 3万 I'd definitely get into it. With one of these (around 7 minute mark) video shows killing animals so viewer discretion advised: