Lawn grass

Finding land, working a small plot or anything else countryside related
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Lawn grass

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Nakahara Seeds

Sell a variety of clovers and other green manures and they are based in Kyushu.

Inakappe

Lawn grass

Post by Inakappe »

Inakappe

Lawn grass

Post by Inakappe »

I can't figure out how to post photos on this forum so here are the links for two photos of my lawn.

https://ibb.co/k2BjSJD

https://ibb.co/ggyQSsk

Anyway, I put in lawn (Japanese grass 高麗芝) and I think I probably mowed it too short and it didn't quite recover in some places.
There are little holes that I will put soil in (目土)gradually to level out with the rest of the grass but I'm wondering about the larger area (photo above by the shed). I've read up a bit on the net and they basically say:

a) Put in soil (目土) and let the runners from the nearby grass come and fill up the bare area.
b) Cut out the whole area and regrass with precut grass mats.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions. I was wondering if adding some soil and adding another type of grass (seed) like Kentucky Bluegrass would be a good idea?
Or just redo (mats) the area?

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Lawn grass

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Nice lawn :thumbup:
Inakappe wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:08 am
I can't figure out how to post photos on this forum so here are the links for two photos of my lawn.
Fixed that for you. To insert a photo into your post open up the photo in another tab and right click on it, then select 'Copy image location' from the menu. At the top of the posting box there's an icon with mountains and the sun that says 'Insert image' when you hover the mouse over it, click on that and insert your link in between the "img" quotes.

As for you lawn issue, reseed with new grass seed then sprinkle some soil on top and gradually raise the level if you have to as the new grass grows. Now is the perfect time to reseed as the cooler weather should let newly germinated grass seed grow without burning it up.

Inakappe

Lawn grass

Post by Inakappe »

Will give it a whirl, thanks!