RV's/Motorhomes/Camping Trailers

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Otona Cream Pie

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:04 am
Very nice, was it easy to install ?
Mounting was a pain since I can't really walk on the roof like the last van but nothing too difficult. The standardized connectors make things easy but I can't help but wonder how much resistance all those connectors add. :think:

Will be interesting to see how well topped up these two will keep the batteries.....have room to add another larger panel or two of the same.(though the weight may make the pop top a lil difficult.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Nice job man :thumbup:, looks like a professional install.

Otona Cream Pie

Not too happy with the local weather so when it went on sale, I jumped on 150w of more power generation :dance:

Still cleaning up stuff inside, will take some pics once it's more presentable.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Yeah, it's been a bad month for solar power production recently. Our total is way down on what we would expect at this time of year. We're actually thinking of putting more panels on the cafe roof if we can hook them up to the house array.

Otona Cream Pie

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:47 pm
Yeah, it's been a bad month for solar power production recently. Our total is way down on what we would expect at this time of year. We're actually thinking of putting more panels on the cafe roof if we can hook them up to the house array.
Even when the weather is nice the clouds are a plenty. Might be worth looking into a DIY battery storage solution for certain needs and keep it totally off grid.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

As proud Nissan Leaf owners we are looking at fitting a V2H unit so we can use the car as a home battery :razz:

Sorry man but that is one area Leaf's are better than Teslas, IMHO :lol:

Otona Cream Pie

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:00 pm
As proud Nissan Leaf owners we are looking at fitting a V2H unit so we can use the car as a home battery :razz:
It is a nice feature to have :clap:
Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 9:00 pm
Sorry man but that is one area Leaf's are better than Teslas, IMHO :lol:
Original roadster has V2H but apparently nobody used it so they didn't continue to use it in subsequent models. I think with the lithium phosphate packs becoming popular now, it will make a return. (last for many more cycles) I know for a fact the current model of home charger has provisions for it.

VanillaEssence

Post by VanillaEssence »

I’m gonna guess that’s a convenient excuse since I imagine owners of the original roadster probably didn’t need to use their car as a battery

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

To be fair American and European countries don't have to deal with the amount of natural disasters Japan seems to get so V2H just wasn't as needed but now it's getting a boost for balancing the grid. I think the new CCS standard supports V2H so hopefully we will see it become more popular.

Otona Cream Pie

VanillaEssence wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 11:54 pm
I’m gonna guess that’s a convenient excuse since I imagine owners of the original roadster probably didn’t need to use their car as a battery
I'm not sure what to make of it. Could have been concern over people trying to run their homes off the cars non-stop while under warranty? Tesla warranties how much battery degradation occurs....so they could have been liable for quite a bit if owners managed to go through enough cycles before the warranty was up. Charging to 100% and discharging to near zero could cause early battery degradation so it's not unfounded concern. The newer battery chemistries being used are less susceptible to these effects though.
Zasso Nouka wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:14 am
To be fair American and European countries don't have to deal with the amount of natural disasters Japan seems to get so V2H just wasn't as needed but now it's getting a boost for balancing the grid. I think the new CCS standard supports V2H so hopefully we will see it become more popular.
THIS...but it's extremely useful to have for that occasional emergency. In SoCal, when it got too hot and everyone had their AC's cranked, "rolling blackouts" were a thing.