RV's/Motorhomes/Camping Trailers

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Man that looks like a pretty sweet setup :dance:

How does towing differ from driving your camper van ? I've never towed anything in my life.

Your dogs look supremely happy to be in such a place :D

Otona Cream Pie

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Proof it's doggie heaven.....I didn't get woken up by the usual 12 leg stomping on monday. Instead, my alarm went off and I saw this:

He is knockedzeeefugggout! :dance:

I'm a newb to towing but this thing is so compact and light, there's not much to it. You can feel it clanking behind you and you have to take turns a little more carefully but it's pretty smooth and easy. The Van was soo heavy and suspension soo soft, it was like steering a boat. The caravan is definitely the better option...especially when they hold their value and there is no drivetrain to maintain. In my case, I fill water up at the local spring and shower/eat down the mountain each night so it also makes sense to set up camp and unhook the caravan so my truck is free. With the van, I'd have to break down camp every time I need to drive somewhere unless I want to recreate my 3/11 experience with my stuff in the rear. (and hand crank my awning in and out each time)

I'm still cleaning up the inside with caulking, paint, and veneer sheets but hopefully once the weather clears up I'll be ready to fill in some dents on the outside and give it a new look with the rubber paint I bought.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

That's a good point about being able to leave the caravan onsite while you nip off to run errands, hadn't thought of that. Your dog certainly looks like he enjoyed the time away and might I also add you have an impressive selection of ties :lol:. I just have a black one for funerals :twisted:

Otona Cream Pie

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:20 am
That's a good point about being able to leave the caravan onsite while you nip off to run errands, hadn't thought of that. Your dog certainly looks like he enjoyed the time away and might I also add you have an impressive selection of ties :lol:. I just have a black one for funerals :twisted:
Yeah, detaching makes things sooo much better from a practical pov. I really should get a proper hitch lock though. RIght now all I have is the wheel lock.

(I hardly ever have to wear a suit though, just like options :dance: )