Strong Zero, the perfect ending for a hard day's work

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Strong Zero, the perfect ending for a hard day's work

Post by Zasso Nouka » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:15 am

paradoxbox wrote:Tried finding the elusive lychee, NOPE! Sold out. Ended up with bitter apple which is delicious enough, but I will continue the hunt.
This one ?

It's pretty refreshing isn't it ? Nice clear applely flavour comes through very well.

Eric in Japan

Omni 7

Post by Eric in Japan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:17 pm

You can get the salty lychee and watermelon delivered to your local 7-11 using the Omni 7 shop.
http://www.omni7.jp/top

Then just go and pick it up on the day you set it for.
Now we can all lychee and compare notes!
Mine is coming on Friday.
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 am

Awesome find Eric, what should I search for ? Sadly ライチサワー and a search for just ライチ turns up some truly bizarre results :shock:

Eric in Japan

Post by Eric in Japan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 am

Zasso Nouka wrote:Awesome find Eric, what should I search for ? Sadly ライチサワー and a search for just ライチ turns up some truly bizarre results :shock:
try this link:
http://7-11net.omni7.jp/detail/031203

サッポロ 塩ライチサワー 500ml

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Another swing and another miss - today I checked two 7 konbini's and alas, the elusive lychee was not to be found.

However, I did find a tall can of Mikan Strong Zero and will now proceed to investigate it fully.

I really do want to try that lychee strong zero. I think I had one a year or two ago and it was fantastic but have never seen it since.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:20 am

paradoxbox wrote:However, I did find a tall can of Mikan Strong Zero and will now proceed to investigate it fully.
Was it this one ?

I found it whilst buying my first ハロハロ of the year yesterday. Got to say that mikan Strong Zero made a pleasant difference from the sharper more tart citrus fruits they normally use in Strong Zero. Was pleasantly mellow with sweeter flavour than you normally find. What did your investigation reveal ?

@Eric,

Thank you, all signed up at Omni7 and a bevy of Chuhi's ordered for pickup tomorrow afternoon. That is some very convenient service I have to say

Eric in Japan

Post by Eric in Japan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:31 am

The "Habuball" looks interesting as well...
http://7-11net.omni7.jp/detail/032030

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:40 am

Mikan was quite good but a bit sweet for me. I tend to prefer the sour tasting varieties a little more, though it was a nice change of pace!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:50 am

A massive thank you to Eric,

The Omni7 service is excellent, went into my local 7 and as soon as I got inside the staff said the order had arrived and rushed off the the back of the shop to retrieve the cans. As you would expect from 7 they were properly chilled to the correct temperature so you could have cracked them open on the way home if one was really gagging for a sip but as I was driving they had to wait. So here is what I got.

Had one of the Salty Lychee Sour's last night and they are pretty awesome, they lychee comes through very well and you would almost not know you were drinking a chuhi. If you are a lychee fan then this one is for you, it's sweeter than the more common sharper citrus flavours but that's no bad thing and it so easy to drink. I had to resist cracking the second one open. I think this might be a new favourite and can see why it is always sold out from stores that do stock it. All in all a very enjoyable drink and hope it stays around for a while. I can see the Omni7 service getting a lot of use this summer.

Did anyone else get one and how was it ?

Eric in Japan

Post by Eric in Japan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 am

Zasso Nouka wrote:Had one of the Salty Lychee Sour's last night and they are pretty awesome....

Did anyone else get one and how was it ?
I also got two tall lychee and six short watermelon cans. My wife is a huge fan of anything lychee, so I split one can with her (she doesn't drink much) and enjoyed some watermelon as we watched "Preacher" on Amazon prime and then edited some youtube videos after she staggered off to bed. (shameless video promotion coming-)

The lychee taste really comes through. So pleasant and tropical. As you said, a bit sweet, but not overpowering. Like sitting on a veranda in the evening on a tropical island, as the sea breeze ruffles your hair (if you have hair to ruffle, unlike me).

The watermelon I reviewed earlier, but to put it short and sweet- tastes like summer.