Happy Solstice Everyone

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Happy Solstice Everyone

Post by Zasso Nouka » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:56 am

Happy Solstice all,

After today the days start getting longer so we're through the darkest part now spring will soon be with us.

donguri

Re: Happy Solstice Everyone

Post by donguri » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Anyone doing the traditional Yuzu Buro tonight?

I was given the green light to help myself to as many yuzu as I could pick from a few trees located on the property we hope to buy. So I did! And along with trying my hand at yuzu jam, we will indeed be soaking with citrus tonight.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:32 am

Yuzu Buro is great, it's a lovely tradition. Although the first time we did it we dumped the whole carrier bag of yuzu into the bath that we'd been given only to find out it was way too acidic and set every little cut and scratch on fire. Now we just stick with one or two in the bath :)

You are lucky to have some mature trees at the place you are hoping to buy, our's aren't large enough to produce fruit yet but fortunately everyone around us has them and are always generous. Home made yuzu marmalade is awesome, great on toast or for hot drinks to warm you up on a cold winter's day. How's it going with the prospective purchase ?

donguri

Post by donguri » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:50 am

Our Yuzu Buro was a great way to rid myself of the stickiness acquired making yuzu marmalade. I love that the marmalade uses every bit of the yuzu, zero waste. Doing it all in a cramped kitchen-for-people-who-don't-cook, I do not love so much. Is there a large country kitchen-doma in my near future? I sure hope so!
Zasso Nouka wrote: How's it going with the prospective purchase ?
Step by step we proceed, and it's looking good. We hope to be able to make our offer by the end of the year, which is quickly approaching. We're just waiting for some more structural info and an estimate for the first phase of renovation. Many of the repairs we'll tackle ourselves, but we don't have the skills to do it all. All positive vibes welcome! ;)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:48 am

I really do hope it comes together for you guys, that would be an awesome way to start the new year. Fingers crossed that it will be structurally sound and if that is the case pretty much anything else can be tackled later on once you are inside. Once you've got the heavy work out of the way at the beginning you can take the rest in your own time.

Best of luck :thumbup:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:04 am

Happy merry christmas everyone