Smoke-free Zone

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Smoke-free Zone

Post by gonbechan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:52 am

Well, after decades of 1 and sometimes 2 packs a day each, the Gonbe household has gone smoke-free in just one week.

Just like that?! you say.

Yes and no. We bought vapers (innokin cool fire IV) and imported nicotine e-juice (from the US,)
It was incredibly easy to make the transition. Or rather it was easy after stupidly buying a kangertech leaking machine, which we returned and then got the Innokin ones. Within days ciggies were no longer needed .

I highly recommend this to anyone trying to quit.
The e-juice we got is organic and is delivered in semi stealth mode.
It tastes amazing.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Smoke-free Zone

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Congratulations on going ciggy free.

Funnily enough Mrs N got into vaporising just last week as well. She bought a Malle cig-a-like kit for use when out in public, it is fairly inconspicuous to use and even has a glowing red tip when drawing on it to complete the illusion and she has an Evod MT3 for use at other times.

The trip to the vape shop was I think best described as interesting, like stepping into one of the old style head shops (not that I'd have the foggiest idea what one of those was like you understand but what I'd imagine one would be like :oops: ). The Malle doesn't give huge billowing clouds of vapour but that's actually an advantage when in public spaces as it looks exactly like you are smoking an ordinary cigarette. Too early to comment on the Evod as it only just arrived but it was absurdly cheap from Fast Tech so even if it doesn't work out there's no great financial loss.

You can legally import up to 120ml of nicotine containing e juice at a time, larger quantities are a bit of a lottery. What you could do is import 120ml's of super high nicotine concentration liquid and then dilute that down if you enjoy donning the right safety gear and playing around with lab equipment.

What sort of PG/VG ratio are you guys going with ?

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:15 pm

We are using a 50/50 VG/PG and a 1.2 nicotine.
We did start with a 70/30 but the throat hit was a bit hellish.

The place we order from sends bottles with JUST the flavour name on them. No nicotine or any info.. and on the shipping they have written fragrance oil and the sender is 'Shipping Department'

They will mix up whatever ratio you choose, and whatever nicotine you want.. also added menthol or extra taste are possible.
The prices are really good.
Heather's Heavenly Vapes
The flavors are astounding.
At the moment vaping 'Just Peachy' and it tastes JUST like a peach.

We did try Charlies's Chalk Dust liquid, and while it was tasty, it was double the price of the Heather's and came in a glass bottle which jacked up postal prices massively.

We are not brave enough to try eliquid from China lol.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:27 am

Mrs N is still using pure VG liquid but we ordered some PG/VG liquid this week so will see how it goes but perhaps it might not be to her taste if the throat hit is harsh. Also the coming liquid will be the first with nicotine in it as the pack we got from the vape shop locally doesn't contain any, domestic vape shops can't legally sell liquid containing nicotine.

The variation in price on e liquids is huge, certainly China has a bit of a scary reputation when it comes to food safety so the same is probably true for e liquids. We've been looking at Dekang and Hangsen liquids as both companies seem to take purity and safety quite seriously and have good reputations on vaping forums. Here is an interesting video

According to Dekang's FAQ page they don't use diacetyl which has been found in some American made e liquids. Not trying to sway you here as unfortunately some Chinese food products have had a chequered history in the past and it's probably best to err on the side of caution.

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:45 pm

be veeeerrry careful with the nicotine supplier you use if you're mixing your own nicotine, pure nicotine splashed on your skin or ingested through the vaper will kill you pretty fast (minutes). i was using pure nicotine (self extracted from plants i grew) as insecticide around the house and gardens. lot of dead bugs in the nicotine zone.

e cigs seem to be a good way to learn to quit smoking. a friend of mine charts her daily e-cig usage on a chart at the end of the day and tries to keep it decreasing at a steady rate. i think she'll be able to quit within a month or two.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:14 am

Found this while having breakfast this morning.

It's an E-Hookah but not just any old ordinary E-Hookah but one with Bluetooth connectivity no less, so you can not only enjoy a blast on your E-Hookah but also take and make phone calls at the same time or listen to music. Will wonders never cease :lol:

Details

This thing is huge

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 am

We have decided to go VG-80 PG-20 and have also ordered some VG-100 non flavour juice to add to the 50/50 juice we bought.

I think I have a PG allergy as my tummy gets upset and I get skin itches with the 50/50 juice.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:13 am

I've heard of a few people having some sort of allergic reaction to PG. Hopefully you'll get on much better with a lower PG content.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:28 am

Found what looks to be a good deal if you are after a 100% VG solution Nicotine Labs offer a 100mg/ml flavourless PG or VG base that you can dilute down to your preferred strength for $11.40. All US made Pharmaceutical Grade and they even offer discrete shipping for international buyers and if you really want to go large they'll sell you up to 4 gallons at a time :shock:

What do you think about using this vegetable glycerin ? It's made in Japan and is about half the price most domestic vaping shops charge for VG.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 am

I am very very happy with the e-liquid we are using now. I think I will stick to it until I am not craving the odd analogue fag (I still have the odd one as we have some left over)
At the moment I am vaping VG80/PG20 Tuscan Cocoa. It tastes just like a really decadent chocolate cake.
Senor Gonbe is alternating between blackberry (Crackberry) and Peach (which is also wonderful)
They send the liquid in plastic bottles with no give away info on the labels. The shipping info says it is aroma oil and the sender just says Shipping Department. Customs does not even open it.

You can take a gander here:
Heather's Heavenly Vapes