Looks like we'll be on TV again

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Looks like we'll be on TV again

Post by Zasso Nouka »

We've got Tv Asahi coming around this week to film the farm. Not quite sure what the fascination Japanese tv has with our farm but they seem to find something we're doing interesting as this will be the sixth time we've been on tv.

Initially I didn't want to do it but the publicity will be useful as Mrs Nouka is starting selling our veggies direct from her cafe so will be good advertising for that.

Will let everyone know when we find out the broadcast date is fixed.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Re: Looks like we'll be on TV again

Post by gonbechan »

You're becoming right celebrities you are haha.
Pity it is not NHK, if you can nail them down for a 'Farming with Zasso' series, you would be in the pink.

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

Lucky bugger you are!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

gonbechan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:32 am
You're becoming right celebrities you are haha.
You mean like Benetia ? Only fatter and less competent ? :lol:
gonbechan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:32 am
Pity it is not NHK, if you can nail them down for a 'Farming with Zasso' series, you would be in the pink.
I'm afraid we're only 'variety' material not serious NHK documentary type stuff :oops:
Shizuman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:15 pm
Lucky bugger you are!
Thanks man. Was completely unexpected but the timing couldn't be better and will give us some useful advertising with launching the new project.

farmingnoob

Post by farmingnoob »

Hope you can post a clip in the future. I don't have a TV :dance:

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

Congrats - and would be really interested to see a clip.

Only been on Japanese TV once and it was an interesting experience, but IMO a waste of time and money.

All day event to be able to speak one line. I had to buy a pair of new pants which cost more than what I was paid and had to fork out the train fare there and back as well.

Didn't even get to finish the meal that was provided and being filmed.

Never went anywhere, never got anything out of it, and that was the end of my "Japanese TV career'!!

So who is the new 'token' gaijin in the Japanese media and TV shows these days?

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Quite a while ago I did several TV thingies.. and got paid handsomely for them. At least 5man per day plus a taxi ticket to take me home from Osaka all the way to Kobe. It really made me laugh that the taxi ticket said 'geinoujin'

For one of the shows they needed me to drive a manual left hand drive BMW in Osaka (which was a first for me and resulted in a good few hysterical stalls until I got the hang on it) and halfway through they realized that they had forgotten to apply for the street filming license and it was all very stealthy with about 30 people put on the lookout for any sign of the filth.

They would always make sure there was lots of food, snacks, and drinks in the green room and the staff and makeup people were always very kind and friendly.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

farmingnoob wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:25 am
Hope you can post a clip in the future. I don't have a TV :dance:
If we get a DVD I'll try to post a clip online :thumbup:
LeeB wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:28 am
Congrats - and would be really interested to see a clip.

Only been on Japanese TV once and it was an interesting experience, but IMO a waste of time and money.
Thank you. It nearly always takes up a lot of time and if things need reshooting later then that consumes even more time but it can give your business quite a massive boost. Each time we've been on tv in the past you can see your sales shoot up for quite a long time after which is hugely beneficial when running a small business. Personally I'm not really bothered about seeing myself on tv and don't really seek publicity but for our food and vegetable sales it's invaluable.
gonbechan wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:08 pm
Quite a while ago I did several TV thingies.. and got paid handsomely for them. At least 5man per day plus a taxi ticket to take me home from Osaka all the way to Kobe. It really made me laugh that the taxi ticket said 'geinoujin'
Sadly most of the shows we've been on don't actually pay you for your appearance but they are always generous with food and drink and when YOU came to stay they bought massive amount of beer, wine and Strong Zero which really was nice.

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

Hope that you get lots of good exposure for your business.

Good, free advertising for a small business is really good.

Ever had a story in the local or regional newspaper about your business?

Japanese TV still is a lot better than the stuff in Australia. There are a lot of interesting programs on a variety of topics although we did notice that there are a huge number of those 'supplement' health type commercial programs. The other thing is that as we are no longer living there we don't know all the new 'talent' types as well as getting older the younger ones that appear aren't known to us.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Thank you, hopefully it will give our business some good exposure. They are planning to also shoot at some of the events we sell at so that should also help quite a lot.
LeeB wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:33 am
Ever had a story in the local or regional newspaper about your business?
Yes we've been featured several times in local and national newspapers and they have been good at promoting our sales but tv seems to reach a much larger audience
LeeB wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:33 am
Japanese TV still is a lot better than the stuff in Australia. There are a lot of interesting programs on a variety of topics although we did notice that there are a huge number of those 'supplement' health type commercial programs. The other thing is that as we are no longer living there we don't know all the new 'talent' types as well as getting older the younger ones that appear aren't known to us.
I know a lot of people aren't keen on Japanese tv but it's not all bad and there are some good shows. I quite like 72 Hours on NHK where they film at a single location for 72 hours, they choose quite interesting locations and generally have quite an interesting story to tell.