What are you listening to?

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
dayunbao

What are you listening to?

Post by dayunbao » Fri May 24, 2019 4:44 am

Coz why not.

On YouTube I've been watching/listening to a lot of European concerts by jazz musicians. Thank god the Europeans were so into jazz, since there seem to have been very few televised jazz concerts in the US (or if there were, no one kept the recordings).

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P06iM-UGi3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6CMX_VoRXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMYVvjoXf4o

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Zasso Nouka » Fri May 24, 2019 6:08 am

Good idea to compliment some of the other threads in this subforum :thumbup:

We've had the 90's Alternative channel from AccuRadio playing in the packing shed this week.

And as it's Friday will be listening to the Science & Futurism with Isaac Arthur podcast later while packing salad for sale tomorrow.

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming » Fri May 24, 2019 9:29 am

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:08 am
Good idea to compliment some of the other threads in this subforum :thumbup:

We've had the 90's Alternative channel from AccuRadio playing in the packing shed this week.

And as it's Friday will be listening to the Science & Futurism with Isaac Arthur podcast later while packing salad for sale tomorrow.
Ahhh man, I need to make a 90s mix for my MP3 player. I have an 80s one which I use sometimes when working at our place.

I've been podcasting a lot recently also, mainly Star Trek the Next conversation.

" "Star Trek: The Next Generation" devotee and authority Matt Mira leads Next Gen skeptic Andrew Secunda into the deepest reaches of the series episode by episode. Listen as they discuss, debate, and enjoy all the legendary show's strengths, failings, and innovations. "

I've also been listening to Vidjagame Apocalypse.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan » Fri May 24, 2019 9:53 am

I need to look for my pc speakers as summertime even with the AC is too hot for the headphones i use, so recently not been listening.
But I have a bunch of different era/genre playlists that depending on what I am working on or not working on (procrastination time) that I like to listen to.
Any music that does not involve C&W, Opera or mega heavy metal is fair game.
Classic, Swing, big band, 50's~present popular music, hip hop, reggaeton (it has its place), Latin music like Manu Chao and a few others, Kwela, Jazz (Cuban, New Orleans in particular but not picky)
I am pretty much a glutton for music as is Senor Gonbe who has a wider preference which includes some ear-splitting shit.
We have many 100GB of music.

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama » Fri May 24, 2019 12:44 pm

I grew up on heavy metal and prog rock/metal, and then was a 90s grunge high school/uni student. Still listen to a lot of metal now (Gojira are my current faves) but have mellowed slightly in my old age. Listen to quite a bit of country (Townes van Zandt, Ry Cooder) and “alt-country” (Wilco, My Morning Jacket). But to be honest right now in my car I’m listening to 80s prog-metal Queensryche lol.

Took me about 6 months in South America to get reggaeton, after that I loved it, but since I left I can’t say I’ve listened to it once!

dayunbao

Post by dayunbao » Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am

Never got into reggaeton, but I love roots reggae. A modern roots reggae band that is great is Midnite. They're from the US Virgin Islands. They recently changed their name, though. They're an incredibly prolific band, and not all of their albums are of the same quality, but when they're on its amazing. Their live shows, of which there are plenty on YouTube, are also great. Highly recommend them.

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman » Sun May 26, 2019 8:24 am

Zaimondos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:44 pm
(Gojira are my current faves)
Ah Gojira! I used to listen to that at max volume in the bakery at 2 am in the morning, really helped cut the sleep deprivation! I shudder to think what the neighbors thought! Im really chill now though lots of aussie surf and rnb music and i dont mind some aussie rap too, instead of drugs and ladies of the night its all about BBQs and chilling with ya mates!

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama » Sun May 26, 2019 8:40 am

Shizuman wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:24 am
Zaimondos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:44 pm
(Gojira are my current faves)
Ah Gojira! I used to listen to that at max volume in the bakery at 2 am in the morning, really helped cut the sleep deprivation!
Ha! Once you get the riff for Flying Whales in your head it’s impossible to fall asleep!