What are you playing?

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
DocDoesFarming

Re: What are you playing?

Post by DocDoesFarming »

I remember trying to play FF7 on the PS1 years ago but I couldn't get into it. Sort of makes me wonder if I missed out on something the way people go on about the game/games.
Same with Zelda Ocarina of Time, my first entry into the world of Zelda was with Breath of the Wild which was incredible.

Also I found creating a UK account instead of a Japanese one was better for getting discounted games on the store. Same goes for the Switch.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

I loved the first FF7 when i was young, many a "sick day" was spent on it.
Im regretting no setting up an aussie account for the PS4 and switch, such a pain browsing through controller in one hand and google translate in the other!

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

I was going to get Planet Zoo.. but am not really motivated to play at the moment. Senor Gonbe's bro gave me 1man to buy it for my bday (its just under 50USD on steam)

I will just hold out for the Steam Summer Sale and buy it and a bunch of other stuff. Including the new Tropico.

VanillaEssence

Post by VanillaEssence »

I’m also keen to play the FF7 remake, but it’s a bit too pricey atm. Bannerlord is incomplete but it’s so fun and my main time suck right now. Half Life Alyx is incredible and definitely the killer app VR has been waiting for. The most immersed I’ve felt in VR despite only having a tiny space here compared to Aus. Highly recommend getting at least a low end vr headset if you already have a gaming PC.

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Shizuman wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:46 am
I loved the first FF7 when i was young, many a "sick day" was spent on it.
Im regretting no setting up an aussie account for the PS4 and switch, such a pain browsing through controller in one hand and google translate in the other!
Well it's good for reading practice at least. I've got a Japanese and UK account on the Switch, probably only bought one thing on the Japanese store thinking about it (the original Donkey Kong). It's handy to have for the DLC but other than that, bit of a waste.
Actually I think you can switch the region from Japan to whatever but I found it easier just having another account dedicated to UK and Japan.

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Well it's good for reading practice at least.
Ah Japanese study, ill get to it one day.....

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Did anyone else get Streets of Rage 4?
It's pretty good, even if the art style is a little bit crap in my opinion.

VanillaEssence

Post by VanillaEssence »

Spider-Man PS4 was/is on sale with all the dlc for AU$30. I picked it up an am having so much fun, very reminiscent of the ps2 days. I’d highly recommend to anyone.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

We got it free when it was game of the month on playstation whatever it is that you pay once a year haha.
And yes it is super fun.

Last night was the first night of Senor Gonbe's extended GW vacation (has extra days tacked on with 100% pay) So of course he/we stayed up till like past 3am playing GTAV.
I just woke up. Senor is still snoring. haha.

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming »

VanillaEssence wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:00 am
Spider-Man PS4 was/is on sale with all the dlc for AU$30. I picked it up an am having so much fun, very reminiscent of the ps2 days. I’d highly recommend to anyone.
Ever since the Batman Arkham games I was waiting for someone to do a Spider-Man game in the same vein, and my prayers were answered. So much fun and the swinging mechanic is great, hopefully the next one is also on the PS4.