What are you reading?

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
DocDoesFarming

Re: What are you reading?

Post by DocDoesFarming » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:04 am

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:05 am
For me Commando would fall into that category, cheesy one liners and awful set piece fight scenes but it's still a guilty pleasure to watch :oops:
Is that the "Please don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired" film?
Zasso Nouka wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:05 am
I wonder if they'll ever bring Strontium Dog to the big screen ? The only problem with these Hollywood adaptions is they can so easily go horribly wrong a la Ghost in The Shell but if done well then they can be very good.
I heard that the two dudes who own Rebellion who own 2000AD now are very strict with the handling of their characters. In the licensing agreements they stipulate what can or can't be done (Dredd without his helmet is a no no, Rogue Trooper has to be blue etc).

A Strontium Dog film would be pretty awesome. Maybe they'll make a series of it if Mega City One does well
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Zasso Nouka » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:45 am

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:04 am
Is that the "Please don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired" film?
That's the one, some absolute classic one liners :D
DocDoesFarming wrote:
I heard that the two dudes who own Rebellion who own 2000AD now are very strict with the handling of their characters. In the licensing agreements they stipulate what can or can't be done (Dredd without his helmet is a no no, Rogue Trooper has to be blue etc).
That's reassuring to hear 2000AD is in safe hands and isn't going to be bastardised to cash in, it's not like the Kingsley brothers are short of cash and they have a fairly solid reputation.
DocDoesFarming wrote:
A Strontium Dog film would be pretty awesome. Maybe they'll make a series of it if Mega City One does well
Actually thinking about it Strontium Dog would probably be more suited to a series than one off film, it has the perfect format for serialisation.