Is it just me or...

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
DocDoesFarming

Is it just me or...

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Are there more and more people just driving over the centre line, especially while going round corners??
Or are the drivers in my area just shit?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Is it just me or...

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Yes but that's where a drive recorder can really come into its own. Once you mention it to the police or someone involved in an accident with you they often concede it might have been their fault. We now have a front and rear facing drive recorder in our main car and use an appli on our phones when driving the kei truck around, it's made accidents so less traumatic for us when we can show the other driver was way over the line or really not paying attention.

No longer having to worry about ojiichan or obachan pulling out without looking when you have the whole thing recorded in glorious 720 or even better 1026HD, you can even see the look of shock and surprise as you slam into the side of their car :twisted:

DocDoesFarming

Is it just me or...

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Which recorders are you using? I really need to buy one to cover our skins in case someone ploughs into us.

It's just crazy how often I see shitty driving here, I thought the testing process was harder in Japan?
Also what's the fucking point indicating as you're actually turning or a microsecond before turning??! Just don't bother.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Is it just me or...

Post by Zasso Nouka »

The one we have on our phones is "AutoGuard Dash Cam --Blackbox", has a bunch of features and the paid version is not expensive at all.

In the main car we went with one fitted by the dealer and that saved Mrs Nouka's bacon when an Obachan came round a corner really wide and tried to claim that Mrs Nouka was at fault. The rear view camera even recorded her trying to drive off with Mrs N chasing after the car, once her insurance company saw that they caved in and agreed to a generous payout and regular massage sessions for Mrs N to ease any neck or back pain. She also got some apology money and chocolates, which as a dutiful husband I ate to save her from the calories :lol:

I must say the attitude to indicating, ie not until after someone has started their turn really does grind my nads, sometimes a better indicator of someone's intention to turn is if you see the brake lights come on unexpectedly just before a junction.

DocDoesFarming

Is it just me or...

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:13 pm
The rear view camera even recorded her trying to drive off with Mrs N chasing after the car, once her insurance company saw that they caved in and agreed to a generous payout and regular massage sessions for Mrs N to ease any neck or back pain. She also got some apology money and chocolates, which as a dutiful husband I ate to save her from the calories :lol:
hahaha such a caring husband! I too save my wife from chocolates, it's a tough job but someone has to do it.

Wow that was shitty of her trying to run off like that, glad it got all settled though and proof that having one of those dash cams is probably an essential item to have in cars now.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Is it just me or...

Post by Zasso Nouka »

The biggest bonus I think is it removes having to share the blame for an accident if you can prove it was the other's fault so no more having to take 20 or 30% of the blame and costs when you know it wasn't your fault. When the police turn up you tell them you've got the whole thing on video, they won't look at it then because they need to remain impartial but at least for us they didn't then try and apportion blame and said they would leave it to the insurance companies.

You can fit them yourself if you are handy with vehicle electronics or Yellow Hat and Autobacs will fit them for you if you buy from them. Go for a front and rear camera for all round protection and also one that registers impacts when you are parked so if someone hits you while you are in the supermarket or something you'll have that recorded. Not 100% sure about this but I think it's a criminal offense for someone to not report an accident to the police so if someone hits you while parked and then drives off that pretty much makes them 100% responsible for the accident and puts them in legal hot water as well all of which you have recorded in glorious HD :twisted:

I'll try an upload the video to Youtube and post if we still have it.

DocDoesFarming

Is it just me or...

Post by DocDoesFarming »

I've butchered plenty of minidisc radio installs to know that I should leave that stuff to the pros from now on.
I'll pick one up when I get my baito money. Cheers man.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Is it just me or...

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hopefully you'll never need it but if you ever do it will easily pay for itself in saved repair costs