Incoming typhoons for 2021

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

This could get "interesting"

Right now there are rated as tropical depressions and by the weekend predicted to be tropical storms so lets hope they stay that way and don't make it all the way to full on typhoons. On the bright side it looks like @Tora might get some decent surf :lol:

Tora

Post by Tora »

I was gonna mention these a day or two ago but didn’t wanna get bashed for being the bringer of bad news :D Here’s hoping they just pass to the south of us and maybe send us a little, much-needed rain.

I guess I’d better get busy making the last door for my workshop that I’ve been putting off for so long due to the heat.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

You, a bringer of bad news ? Never :D

Does look like we'll be getting some much needed rain over the weekend, which will be nice. The ground is getting a little dry right now and hopefully you'll get some decent waves without any damage from high winds.

Tora

Post by Tora »

The neighbors are out taking the plastic off their greenhouses in preparation for the incoming typhoons- even though it looks like they’ll miss us.

Hoping everybody else gets through them without problems.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Tora wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:18 pm
The neighbors are out taking the plastic off their greenhouses in preparation for the incoming typhoons- even though it looks like they’ll miss us.

Hoping everybody else gets through them without problems.
I've heard folk in Kyushu do that as well, over here everyone just leaves the plastic on. Are typhoons in western Japan stronger than the ones we get over this way ?

You might get a visit from #9, it's finished dawdling around in Taiwan and is heading northeast now. #10 is just south of us now but doesn't seem particularly strong, the rain is certainly welcome and got a load of things seeded yesterday so that should help them germinate.

Tora

Post by Tora »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:25 am
I've heard folk in Kyushu do that as well, over here everyone just leaves the plastic on. Are typhoons in western Japan stronger than the ones we get over this way ?

You might get a visit from #9, it's finished dawdling around in Taiwan and is heading northeast now. #10 is just south of us now but doesn't seem particularly strong, the rain is certainly welcome and got a load of things seeded yesterday so that should help them germinate.

In the past we got many more typhoons than your area so I’m guessing it just made sense knowing it’s likely multiple typhoons will be passing through or worse, staying for dinner, breakfast and maybe more.

I wanted to seed some winter vegetables but it looks like I’ll be lucky to get my rain catchment barrels installed before my hunter’s education class this morning.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Tora wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:49 am
In the past we got many more typhoons than your area so I’m guessing it just made sense knowing it’s likely multiple typhoons will be passing through or worse, staying for dinner, breakfast and maybe more.

I wanted to seed some winter vegetables but it looks like I’ll be lucky to get my rain catchment barrels installed before my hunter’s education class this morning.
I guess it makes sense if you are going to get battered by multiple typhoons but it's a hell of a job to take the plastic off and then put it back on. What happens to all the crops growing inside the vinyl houses ?

Sounds like you've got a busy sunday ahead. We're taking it easy today, cafe is closed and we'll be glued to Netflix and Prime video :dance:

Tora

Post by Tora »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:02 am

I guess it makes sense if you are going to get battered by multiple typhoons but it's a hell of a job to take the plastic off and then put it back on. What happens to all the crops growing inside the vinyl houses ?
The greenhouses are mostly for strawberries and off season mikan in our area so no need for a greenhouse at present. Other people mainly use them for growing summer veggies in winter so the veggies often don’t need the greenhouse in this season. I’m sure it’s a different story if the greenhouses are supposed to be preventing insect infestation.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Tora wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:08 pm
The greenhouses are mostly for strawberries and off season mikan in our area so no need for a greenhouse at present. Other people mainly use them for growing summer veggies in winter so the veggies often don’t need the greenhouse in this season. I’m sure it’s a different story if the greenhouses are supposed to be preventing insect infestation.
Fair enough, if there's nothing in them that needs protection now then better to take the plastic off and put it back on after typhoon season.

Tora

Post by Tora »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:23 am
Fair enough, if there's nothing in them that needs protection now then better to take the plastic off and put it back on after typhoon season.
It seems like kanto and areas further north and east are getting direct hits from typhoons more and more recently. Not sure if that is just a short term climate cycle or the future of a warmer planet.