Incoming typhoons for 2021

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Chuck2

Post by Chuck2 »

It is 8:45am here and we are getting some crazy strong winds. I have a tsuchikabe fence that just blew down. Probably going to loose a lot of peaches today. Hope everyone stays safe.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hope everyone got through the night without much damage.
Chuck2 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:54 am
It is 8:45am here and we are getting some crazy strong winds. I have a tsuchikabe fence that just blew down. Probably going to loose a lot of peaches today. Hope everyone stays safe.
We've been having some very strong winds over this way and we're not even in the danger zone. Hope you didn't lose much fruit.
Tora wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:21 am
It seems like kanto and areas further north and east are getting direct hits from typhoons more and more recently. Not sure if that is just a short term climate cycle or the future of a warmer planet.
I'm not an expert or anything but I seem to remember when we first came to Japan it was unusual for typhoons to come in direct from the sea rather than roll across the country from west to east. It did happen occasionally but wasn't the norm.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

We had a bit of a harrowing day here yesterday. It wasn't a constant blast like the horrible ones we had 2 years ago but there were intermittent house shaking blasts almost all day. The tail end was actually the worst part.

@Zasso Nouka yeah pretty much in the past typhoon would approach mostly via Okinawa then Kyushu and move up the coast losing oomph as they went. Occasionally there was one or two that snuck up into the Japan Sea and swung back to hit Hokkuriku or very rarely one that came straight up from the South. Until very recently, I think Kansai could count on one hand (maybe a tad more) Direct hit typhoon over the past 40 plus years. Now it seems to be a yearly Russian Roulette for most of the country.

Wikipedia has a list of major typhoon that hit Japan over the years. You can click and see the track they took. It is quite interesting.
Wiki Japan Typhoons

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

gonbechan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:12 am
@Zasso Nouka yeah pretty much in the past typhoon would approach mostly via Okinawa then Kyushu and move up the coast losing oomph as they went. Occasionally there was one or two that snuck up into the Japan Sea and swung back to hit Hokkuriku or very rarely one that came straight up from the South. Until very recently, I think Kansai could count on one hand (maybe a tad more) Direct hit typhoon over the past 40 plus years. Now it seems to be a yearly Russian Roulette for most of the country.
That's how I seem to remember them, which was one of the reasons we chose to live in Eastern Japan so we could avoid some of the damage caused to plants growing through the typhoon season and leave the plastic on polytunnels all year round.

Otona Cream Pie

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Well that was fun :dance:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Otona Cream Pie wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:24 pm
In a mildly entertaining way or more of a "Crikey, we nearly died" sort of experience ? :lol:

Otona Cream Pie

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:46 am
Otona Cream Pie wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:24 pm
In a mildly entertaining way or more of a "Crikey, we nearly died" sort of experience ? :lol:
Of course, keeps the pep in your step!!

I'm more frighterned of the neighborhood gomi baba seeing me dumping the massive bags of dog doo on non-moerugomi day. Walking double-coated pups in the rain is just asking for trouble so I've got 3 non-stop poop machines to manage in the house.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Can't you just flush it down the toilet ?

Otona Cream Pie

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:52 am
Can't you just flush it down the toilet ?
The doo, yes. The pee sheets, nope...so I go eco without a million poo flushes and it all goes out together.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Looks like Kyushu and western Japan are due a visit next week.

Unless #12 is determined to swing through Korea.