TESLA/$TSLA

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Otona Cream Pie

TESLA/$TSLA

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:55 am
I guess this is one of those things we'll have to agree to disagree on and that's fine friends don't have to have exactly the same thoughts on everything. I would prefer if multi billionaires paid more taxes in the way ordinary folk do and you are fine with the situation as it is.
For sure and like I said, I can understand how it feels like something isn't right or fair.

I never knew how all this worked or how it was possible until the last few years but I'm trying my hand at it with my own take on the strategies. Don't think I'll become a billionaire nor would I want to put in Elon-level work to get there but multi-millionaire with care free and humble lifestyle is within reach.

Otona Cream Pie

TESLA/$TSLA

Thought this was a relevant quotes from yesterday's interview:
Generally, I think the estate tax is a good tax. Higher estate tax better than income/cap gains tax. Probability of progeny being equally excellent at capital allocation is not high.
(in context, he is the riches man in the world yet lives more humbly and works harder than most middle class people...and since he owns no more homes nor outrageous yachts or the like, you can see he's serious)

..and more importantly:
[With] assets that are far beyond a person's ability to consume, at a certain point, what you're really doing is capital allocation. It does not make sense to take the job of capital allocation away from people who have demonstrated great skill in capital allocation and give it to an entity that has demonstrated very poor skill in capital allocation, which is the government
Argument here being he's used that capital to create move us in to the elec future and created amazing tech and jobs with it whereas the government solution is to spend even more by giving GM a government handy for their fiery Bolt EVs "because Union-made." (even though they're only assembled in the US from Korean parts) Ford makes their EVs in Mexico, etc etc.

Otona Cream Pie

TESLA/$TSLA

TIME's person of the year ignites outrage amongst the ill informed and irrational emotards :dance:

..and this farce never ends:

TLDW: More cherry picking to attack Musk. Warren, know known as "Senator Karen" blasts Elon Musk, claim he's not paying taxes and "freeloading off everyone else." Senator Karen is taking the same 30% "residential energy credit" off her tax bill that her ilk is bitching about Tesla/Musk benefiting from. Musk points out he'll pay the most tax of anyone in US history this year.