So hard to find the right TEFL Course

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Lukahj

Post by Lukahj »

Hi I am looking at doing an Online TEFL Course to teach English...Wondering if anyone can recommend one that they may have done?

So many seem a bit suss and the good ones seem too expensive. The accreditations look fake and some make their own up, and it's apparently an unregulated industry. :roll: Very confusing indeed trying to find the right one, spent hours on google.

Not sure if there are many any teachers here

Thanks

:D

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming »

https://www.reddit.com/r/TEFL/

This will definitely help you out as far as finding the right course to go far, I did one years ago which I never ended up using and I can't for the life of me remember who it was from.

As well as TEFL you also have CELTA certifications. Costs more money to do but you get hands on teaching experience in front of students.

For finding Schools to teach at and other info then check out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/teachinginjapan/
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

Gday mate

I also did a TESOL course years ago and it probably helped me out about diddly squat to be honest.
A mate has gotten a CELTA cert and he rekons that got him a job at a fairly well known school/Uni.

Is this for getting a job or for career advancement? If you want to move up in the world I think CELTA may be the way to go, but take that with a grain of salt, I bailed out of English teaching.

Good luck though

Lukahj

Post by Lukahj »

Thank you

Yes, all the jobs I see advertised in Japan want a TEFL course. (not Celta or other) plus a degree (in anything)

Thanks will look at that link in reddit x