Is Ivermectin being used? what about the vaccines?

Shoot the breeze, chew the fat or whatever you fancy
Lukahj

Post by Lukahj »

Hi all,
To peeps in Japan

Here in Australia and in the rest of the world, we are not allowed to have Ivermectin, and wondering if it is being used there and if anyone know of anyone who has used it? I am seeing a few articles saying it is being used there and that it is working really well and that covid cases are dropping.

And are you having to check in? use QR codes to check into places and do you need to prove vaccinations for anything? are there any groups I can join to see what is going on? or groups that are pro supportive of the Ivermectin? I am not anti vax, but I am pro choice.

Have there been many reactions to the vaccines there?

Thanks

Lu

edmundedgar

Post by edmundedgar »

Nope, it's not being used and if it was it wouldn't explain why Japan is doing relatively well with covid. This is the work of the famous fake gnus.

What seems to have happened was that there was one dude who's high up in the Japan Medical Association or some such organization who thought Japan should think about using ivermectin for covid. He gave a couple of speeches, one early on before the (iirc) second covid spike Japan had, and another one later towards the end of the third (?) covid spike. It was just a speech - the government didn't act on it.

There are a bunch of ivermectin enthusiasts on the internet who latched on to the second of these speeches and made a graph showing that he gave the speech, and hey presto, covid went down! If you were trying to make the opposite case, you could pick the earlier speech, and say covid went up. In reality the speech didn't do anything because the government didn't act on it. Even if they had, it wouldn't explain what happened in Japan, because ivermectin is supposed to be a treatment that makes you less likely to die of covid if you get really sick, not something that you give to non-patients that stops them getting covid. But Japan doesn't have exceptionally low death rates for covid patients; What they did well was preventing people from getting covid. People who are very sick in Japan are in dedicated wards in hospital, and most covid infection seems to come from people who aren't very sick at the point they infect you, so it can't possibly be having the effect that's claimed, even if it was being used for covid, which as far as I can tell it isn't.

What Japan did differently from a lot of western countries - I can't tell you what helped, just what they did - was:

- Act really early, eg Abe closed schools, asked people to work from home etc on about 100 cases (not deaths!). Other countries let the virus spread until loads of people were dying, and only then did meaningful things to stop it.
- Focus on the actual ways you catch covid, not the stuff they had in their manuals for previous diseases. Japan was talking about the "3 c's" when the UK was doing some stupid shit about "face" and "space". In particular they were talking about ventilation really early on, and in a lot of restaurants you can tell somebody's been thinking about airflow. I remember in April, 2020 there were a bunch of journalists showing up seeing people outside looking at cherry blossoms saying, "Japan isn't doing anything about covid". In fact Japan was doing loads about covid, but they weren't stopping people looking at cherry blossoms, because you can't catch covid from cherry blossoms.
- Voluntary measures, with high compliance. For example, there's no "mandate" about masks, restaurants closing early were a request, hardly anything was compulsory. I can't say what's cause and what's effect, but there's generally pretty high compliance. Nearly everyone in an area with people around is wearing a mask, even in areas where there are zero detected cases. I don't know whether the voluntary part was something that was only possible with Japanese people, or whether you got high compliance because people didn't feel they were being oppressed, or whether it's a combination of both
- Vaccines rollout was slow (Japan has a history of antivaxx people so they want to show they're testing the vaccines properly and not rushing them out), almost entirely Pfizer and Moderna, but ultimately pretty successful (nearly 80%). Hardly anyone has yet had a third shot. Combined with the (mostly voluntary) emergency restrictions they seem to have successfully beaten down the delta wave, although it remains to be seen whether the same recipe will work with omicron...

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Lukahj wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:48 pm
Here in Australia and in the rest of the world, we are not allowed to have Ivermectin, and wondering if it is being used there and if anyone know of anyone who has used it? I am seeing a few articles saying it is being used there
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Just to clarify, we use Ivermectin to clear up mites and ticks in animals, which it does extremely well.

Lukahj

Post by Lukahj »

Thanks for the replies,,,coming over unvaxxed is this going to be an issue do you know?

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Lukahj wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:30 pm
Thanks for the replies,,,coming over unvaxxed is this going to be an issue do you know?
Doubt you would be coming over until you were vaxxed, waxed and boostered plus a negative test.... in about a year if they let people in... :lol:

Otona Cream Pie

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Lukahj wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:30 pm
They aren't checking vaccination status, just loads of testing and quarantine.

https://covid19japan.com/

Omicron has Japan on fire....but look at the death count, not rising. This is a probably the best possible outcome.