New Features

Please post feature requests, modifications, error reports and suggestions to improve the forum
Honchosan
Site Admin

New Features

Post by Honchosan »

We have just installed a few new features. Firstly, you should now get a flashing notification when you have a new private message so that is is easier to see when you have received one.

Second, Categories, Forum and Topics with new posts should now show up in red to make it easier to see which ones have new posts since your last visit. We may change the colour to something different as the red clashes somewhat with the current board style.

Thirdly we have introduced a new 'Like/Love' button, at the bottom of each post there is a heart symbol. This feature is still under development by the developer and is likely to change. When you 'like' a post that is recorded under the author's member profile so you can see who liked a post you or anyone else wrote. We are looking for a 'karma' type extension that is similar to the 'karma' button on Runboard but although there are some under development they are not fully ready yet.

Thank you.

Honchosan
Site Admin

Re: New Features

Post by Honchosan »

We've had to temporarily disable the 'Like/Love' button as it was proving somewhat unstable, hopefully that will be resolved in a new release.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

We've installed a new extension that handles photos and have increased the maximum file size to 100 KiB. Now if the image is larger than 400px wide it will be resized down to 400px and shown as a thumbnail. Pictures within a post can now be clicked on and will open in lightbox window scaled up, within that window you can view all of the photos from a thread in a gallery type display. This will work regardless of whether the picture is hosted offsite or has been uploaded to the JSL server.

If anyone discovers and problems, issues or has any suggestions with this extension please let us know, either in this thread or by pm.

Enjoy

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

As it's coming up to Yuletide we've added a little mod to reflect the time of year with a little snow and some festive lights, you can smash the lights by hovering your pointer over them if you like and the snow will change direction from the motions of your pointer, sometimes. As usual any problems with the new mod let us know.

Have fun,

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

fa lala lalala lalaalaalaa

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox »

cute but the smashing glass sound gave my gf a heart attack!! may i suggest disabling the SFX :lol:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

yeah me too.. the first time I smashed them, I didn't have my headset on.
Just now, I nearly wet my pants when JSL went all smashing glass in my ears.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Yeah, it's fun the first few times but soon becomes annoying. Smashable lights disabled

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox »

Looking at my processor usage while browsing this forum, I noticed that the snowflakes are killing my CPU, a 3.4ghz quad core. Idle goes up to around 25%. Only happens when this tab is in focus, if I click some other tab or other windows explorer folder the CPU goes back to 1% or so. It gets especially laggy when typing a new message.

Could just be my PC but there might be a bug in the programming of the snowflakes / mouse cursor follow routine which prevents people with slow computers from being able to navigate or use the forum. Might be worth investigating.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

It does seem rather processor intensive, I can see on my Studio XPS that it is using around 65% of the processor capacity but even my Thinkpad T41 seems able to cope and that machine is getting somewhat old yet still serviceable running Lubuntu. Anyone notice a slow down when the JSL tab is the main focus ?