Trouble Making an Ordered List

Please post feature requests, modifications, error reports and suggestions to improve the forum
Eric in Japan

Trouble Making an Ordered List

Post by Eric in Japan »

Again, it is probably my luddite tendencies, but I am having trouble with making an ordered list.

For example
I type this
Then that
than this other thing

after that I highlight those three lines, and click the "Ordered list" button, hit "preview" and it comes out (in the preview) as
  • I type this
    Then that
    than this other thing
My wife is the one running the computer school in my Eikaiwa in the mornings, but she is asleep, and I dare not wake the sleeping dragon. (Don't get the wrong image, I am of course exaggerating here. She would probably help her husband (well into his fourth chu-hi of the evening) to make an ordered list on the forum. But I can't see how that would be a good thing, when I can just get the answer from the inside, without all this superfluous, verbose communication that is so redundant in these times of bloated, meaningless posts of repeated tripe, typed by drunken teachers who refuse to use periods, and continue to make exhaustive run-on sentences about nothing in particular... oh.... well... yeah....)

So if you could help me out about the ordered list thing....
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Trouble Making an Ordered List

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Like this ? :D
  1. a
  2. b
  3. c
  4. d
  5. e
  1. a
  2. b
  3. c
  4. d
  5. e
Another chu-hi fan :clap: , the perfect way to unwind after a hard day's work.

That ordered list thing isn't very intuitive, took me a fair old while this morning to figure it out, this probably isn't the best way to do it but it works. Hit the 'ordered list' button and then decide if you want your points numbered or lettered, then enter either 'a' or '1' after the equals sign and your points separated by '[*]' such as

{list=a}[*]a[*]b[*]c[*]d[*]e{/list}

{list=1}[*]a[*]b[*]c[*]d[*]e{/list}

I used squiggly brackets to show the format instead of the regular square brackets.

Hope that works for you Eric