gone in 60 seconds

A forum for all things cooking, food or snack related
gonbechan
Founder
Founder

gone in 60 seconds

Post by gonbechan »

How many times have you found something absolutely delicious, only to have it cease production and become impossible to ever find again?

It has happened so often that when Señor Gonbe and I find something new that we like, we always say, Best buy a lot because the minute they know we like it, its gone.

Take for example, Parm icecream. The normal bar is mediocre at best, but this summer they came out with a Berry Gelato bar that was to die for. I got to have it maybe 4 or 5 times before it disappeared from the store. Then they came up with Nutty and Chocolate which was hazelnut chocolate inside the bar. It was heavenly. Now we cannot find it anywhere after only having it twice.
Now.. god help me... they came out with a Pistachio and Chocolate which I absolutely love. Señor Gonbe bought 6 on Thursday and hopefully will be able to buy more tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Another sad disappearance was the Ohayo pudding fiasco. Same as Parm, their regular flavours are mediocre but earlier this year, or maybe last year, I forget, they came out with a caramel flavoured pudding that tasted just like dulce de leche.
That didn't last long either.

I mean, I get seasonal flavours where they are upfront about it. LIke Fanta. You know that you better enjoy it while it lasts and the Pepsi seasonal, well that is never tasty but you need to have it at least once so that you can say you did.

There was this 'Mixed Berry' Juice that they sold almost everywhere. Strangely it was predominantly guava, which I really liked. Unlike most of the other fleeting things, this stuck around for quite a while, until, again, it was suddenly gone, never to return.

At the moment, I am thoroughly enjoying Glico 3 nuts Almond milk, which has almond, hazelnut and wallnuts. It is my evening treat before I go to bed. I try not to think about the day when it will no longer be around, so for now, I take great pleasure in my nightly indulgence.

VanillaEssence

gone in 60 seconds

Post by VanillaEssence »

The チョコベリーパルム is my absolute favourite but it was only available at Seijo Ishi for a limited time. Have to agree the regular selections of stuff thats always available is always pretty average and whenever I find something I really like I too find that it disappears quickly. Also the ume jagalico should be a year-round thing.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

gone in 60 seconds

Post by Zasso Nouka »

They do the exact same thing with Strong Zero and it breaks my heart :cry: :crying-yellow:

Sometimes a new flavour only lasts a couple of weeks then gone never to be seen again. There is a plus side I guess in that you never get bored with these limited edition releases and it creates a nostalgic memory that will have you bulk buying if you do see a particular flavour re-introduced :)

DocDoesFarming

gone in 60 seconds

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Not quite the same but the lack of Cherry Coke here is annoying when they do every other weird flavour under the sun but the best one.
It disgusts me.
gonbechan wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:11 pm
There was this 'Mixed Berry' Juice that they sold almost everywhere.
Is that the cranberry and strawberry thing because that it amazingly delicious. It has the right balance of dry and sweet.
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

gone in 60 seconds

Post by gonbechan »

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:45 pm
Is that the cranberry and strawberry thing because that it amazingly delicious. It has the right balance of dry and sweet.
Not that. It had pictures of strawberries and blueberries and cranberries but basically it tasted and looked like guava juice.
The ingredients were some berries, apple and guava.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

gone in 60 seconds

Post by gonbechan »

It was this one.

UeNSaVOr

gone in 60 seconds

Post by UeNSaVOr »

A supermarket near a grilling spot was selling decent hamburger buns at a decent price. The last time I went there, they were gone. I guess grilling stops promptly when it's nice weather for grilling. That or they just stopped carrying them, but I think they made them in house and they were almost always sold out quickly every time.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

gone in 60 seconds

Post by gonbechan »

Similar thing. A bakery near us made the most amazing salt rolls.
Always sold out before lunch. Every single day.
Then for some stupid reason they changed the recipe.
They look similar but the taste and the mouth feel are completely different.
Every day after 5pm they try to sell the massive piles of unsold ones at 50% off, then 80% off one hour before closing.

You would think they realised what happened...
but no. stuff like this is common IMO.