Apple crisp

A forum for all things cooking, food or snack related
Eric in Japan

Apple crisp

Post by Eric in Japan »

So, my wife and all her friends love my apple crisp dessert. They are encouraging me to open a cafe that just serves quality coffee and apple crisp...

It is pretty good, but... could a person survive only making apple desserts and coffee?
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Eric in Japan

Re: Apple crisp

Post by Eric in Japan »

It is pretty good!

"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Man that looks awesome,
Eric in Japan wrote:So, my wife and all her friends love my apple crisp dessert. They are encouraging me to open a cafe that just serves quality coffee and apple crisp...

It is pretty good, but... could a person survive only making apple desserts and coffee?
Depends on location but if you've got enough passing traffic it could be made to work, specially if you've some sort of special feature that attracts customers. Although you would probably make a better living if you did serve some sort of meals as well, something healthy and easy to put together when customers arrive. A friend of ours back in the UK had a very successful cafe that targeted mothers for lunch and the beauty of that was she had quite a short working day and didn't need to be open in the evening yet was packed solid at lunchtime.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

In Autumn/Winter you could do a soup of the day plus freshly baked bread.. and then apple crisp for dessert.
In Spring and Summer you could do a quiche or a pie plus salad .. and apple crisp ala mode for dessert.

donguri

Post by donguri »

Eric in Japan wrote:
I think it's possible, but it really depends on how much money you and your family need to survive. Once you know that, you can work backwards to figure out how much you need to sell in a day or a week. Apple crisp and coffee are not high ticket items, so you need to sell more, even if your profit margin is high, in order to see much income. If you have enough traffic and get some recognition and publicity, you could do real well.

Also, that crisp looks mighty tasty!