How to make persimmon vinegar

A forum for all things cooking, food or snack related
paradoxbox

Re: How to make persimmon vinegar

Post by paradoxbox » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:25 pm

Gaijinfarmer, if you can't sell the strong stuff before it spoils, consider making a powder or liquid extract out of it, mix it with some other good stuff like vitamins or even sugar and put it in gelcaps. Supplements like that aren't really regulated, and people will buy it.. been there done that - worked with the guy who made that company that does all the "shijimi extract" commercials. Just make sure to control the ph level of the final product or your customers will end up with ulcers..!

Lazi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Lazi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:17 pm

You can make Pinot Noir from 7/11 grape juice ? My God man we need a thread documenting that, I'd give my right arm for an easy way to have Pinot Noir handy any time I wanted.

gaijinfarmer

Post by gaijinfarmer » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Holy cow my next endeavor will be supplement infomercials? woah...

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:20 am

Go on man, get a few sprightly old chaps on saying how it helps them get wood, nudge nudge, wink wink. Cut to a gaijin dressed in a lab coat saying how 'scientific' tests have proved it can add 50 years to your lifespan and your capsules will be selling like hot cakes :lol:

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:18 pm

I'll make a kind of pictorial about this maybe today or tomorrow but seriously guys it's simple stuff.

Most important thing besides the original juice is hygiene but even that is not really important when your ferments are only about 2 weeks - 3 weeks long.

You can use baker's yeast if you want real ghetto wine, prison hooch kinda thing. Doesn't taste great (bread flavor)
You can pick up proper wine yeast at Tokyu Hands or on Amazon.

If you wanna do things proper you should also by a hygrometer (hydrometer?) from a brewing/winemaking supplier. It's like a thermometer that sits in the liquid and just tells you how much sugar there is in the solution. But you don't even need this. This is just helpful for gauging how drunk you're gonna get off of one bottle.

BTW making alcohol stronger than 1% is technically illegal. Politicians here are idiots.

Anyway, the 7-11 grape juice is REALLY good stuff for wine making. It's NOT pinot noir (that can only be made using pinot grapes, which I doubt are the grapes used in 7-11 juice, probably Concord or muscadine), but a bit like pinot noir in that it's juicy, fruity, doesn't burn or have that heavy tannin flavor like a merlot or cabernet sauvignon.

You can also do the same thing with their apple juice to make a wonderful apple cider. Almost Christmas time guys, how about a spiced, hot, sparkling apple cider made at home?