Interesting Properties in Japan

A place for properties in the countryside
LeeB

Re: Interesting Properties in Japan

Post by LeeB »

Summer in Japan is just around the corner so how about a nice 'beach house'?

This house is interesting for a couple of reasons:

1. The architecture

2. The location.

This house SHOULD be on a big lot with a nice grass lawn and set out by itself. A very unusual house from its appearance.

Unfortunately, the house is surrounding by, sorry, crap houses, and has a crap entrance. The view is pretty good, but then it also suffers from the potential dreaded 'tsunami'. If there ever was a big one in the area your lifespan and investment would be gone in a short period of time. I also wonder about that great big 'hill' in back of the house.

I also wonder if you could swim in the ocean in front of the house..................

It is also in the middle of nowhere and comes with a huge price tag.

The price?

4500万円.

I'll pass.

Anyway, enjoy the nice photos.

https://bessou.suumo.jp/chukoikkodate/_ ... az112.html

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

And for the next properties, another couple of 'mansions'.

Both are in the same complex, but different buildings and configurations so you can see what the differences are in price as well as the units.

These are again located in 'Chiharadai' in Ichiharashi.

First up is the cheaper and smaller unit:

http://www.nb-home.jp/bukken/d_ichihara/ih0660.html

The price is 980万円 and is located on the 8th floor with 82.73㎡(25.02坪)of space and is a 3LDK. It might have a view, but there weren't any photos. Fees are:

管理費 10,550円/月
修繕積立金 6,450円/月

The other property is a much bigger unit with a bigger price tag:

http://www.nb-home.jp/bukken/d_ichihara/ih0661.html

This a ground floor unit with a small balcony, a grassy area (no mention if it costs you an extra fee per month - I assume its in the fees already), and a small concrete area as well.

The price is 1,380万円. For that price you also get 106.71㎡(32.54坪)and it is a 4LDK.

Fees are:

管理費 13,650円/月
修繕積立金 8,320円/月

So for 400万円 more you get that grassy area and the concrete area, a 4th room, and 24㎡ or so of extra area. The bigger unit also has a second toilet which you don't often see in many Japanese mansions and then usually at the higher price ranges. Your costs per month also go up about 5000 円/月.

The complex is located between two stations as well so while they are not as convenient as some, you do have a choice (Chiharadai Station on the Keisei Line or Kamatori on the JR Line).

And while people outside Japan think RE is pricey, these two examples show that it really isn't. The holding costs may be expensive, but the purchase prices aren't.

(The cheapest townhouse for sale where I live that is currently listed is a 2 bedroom unit with a garage for A$400,000 - $440,000. The cheapest house is just a little more at A$420,00 - $460,000 and is next to the highway on a small 407 square meter lot.)

Sorry, but I can't give any examples of similar properties where I live because despite the population and location, there are no similar ones. Nothing over 3 floors here (yet) and nothing in a complex like that. You'd have to go much closer to the CBD to find any similar.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Man,

That beach house is absolutely spectacular. Honestly, living in something like that would almost be like a dream. It really is amazing, however...........

After seeing the devastation inflicted by the 2011 tsunami I would never buy a house that close to the shore. Yeah statistically there is very little chance of a big tsunami ever hitting a particular spot but if it should ever happen you'd really not want to be in it's path if it does ever.

Still if it would pop up on Air BnB then I wouldn't mind renting it for a few days to get away from the farm :lol:

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

Yes, the house is spectacular, but as far as I'm concerned the other negatives outweigh the architecture and views.

Chiba seems to have a good range of houses from the typical run down, almost falling down rural dump to spectacular, modern ones like this. I don't seem to find as wide a selection in other areas, but then maybe I'm not looking for them in the right places or the right way.

Chiba, as I have posted before, also seems to have the best 'value' in houses and given the 'nearness' to Tokyo, if that is something you are interested in, also makes it a good place.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Karuizawa has some spectacular houses, at spectacular prices too haha.

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

"Karuizawa has some spectacular houses, at spectacular prices too haha."

For some reason I've never really liked Nagano Prefecture or the area. I don't know why.

Lot's of other places in Japan tick the boxes for me, but not that prefecture or its cities, towns, or rural areas.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Ah, but there is some rather nice beer up that way :lol:

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

Don't forget the basashi!

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

LeeB wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:35 pm
Don't forget the basashi!
Mmmm, basashi.

One of my mother-in-law's friends offered us a piece of land for free in Nagano, but it was just a bit too far away for us (3 hour drive). He's been sitting on it doing nothing and paying 190,000 property tax per year for about 30 years! I don't know why so many people do that. I'm sure there's someone else out there that would take it for free.

LeeB

Post by LeeB »

"....paying 190,000 property tax per year"

That must be a pretty good size block of land or be in a city to be paying that kind of tax!

What will probably happen is that when the person dies, nobody will inherit (refuse the property) and it will sit there empty accumulating back taxes forever.

I'd guess that there a millions of acres of land and houses in the same situation.

What a waste.