Real Estate Employee in Hiroshima

Please introduce yourself
JPNFinancialGuy

Post by JPNFinancialGuy »

Hello!

I'm Andrew from Kansas City, Missouri in the USA. I live in the city of Hiroshima working for an agency that has nothing to do with akiya/inaka but I love getting out into the country or the Seto Islands between Honshu and Shikoku.

With a job in the city, I chose to move recently to an area right by the port that allows access to the many islands nearby Hiroshima.

I bought a drone a year ago and have been enjoying taking mountain/sea footage. Would love to do a video on someone's countryside home nearby just for fun.

Just got recommended to this community by an active member, onemoregaijin, friend in Okayama.

I'm hoping to expand my real estate skills to more than outside the city. Teach me your ways and let's connect and be friends. :)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to Japan Simple Life and thank you for taking the time to sign up, we really do appreciate that.

Sounds like a nice move getting closer to the port if you enjoy travelling around the seto islands, it really is a lovely part of Japan. I have this romantic notion that it would be nice to live there but imagine the reality of making a living there might be a bit difficult.

What drone do you have ? I must admit I haven't had the chance to fly mine quite as much as I'd like recently as farming has been quite busy.

Chuck2

Post by Chuck2 »

Hi Andrew,

I also live in Hiroshima prefecture. I'm kinda in the middle of Hiroshima prefecture but still only about a 1hr from the Seto island sea.

What island do you like or recommend visiting? Just last weekend we went to Okuno jima or better known as rabbit island. It is a nice little island to walk around and watch the rabbits. I've been been to Ozakikami-jima probably the most. Good for picking blueberries and nice beaches. Also the Ryokan their with its onsen and great view of the inland sea is highly recommended.

Interesting offer about the drone video footage. We have an old kominka with a vineyard and peach orchard near by. When we bought our place, the previous owner had an old aerial photo of our kominka and surrounding rice paddies. Would be great to have a new updated photo, things look a lot different now. Probably will take some time to convince the wife to let a stranger on the internet to come and take video of our home. :) :naughty: :roll:

JPNFinancialGuy

Oh shoot, my notifications are set up correctly yet.

Thanks for the responses!

Zasso Nouka
Thanks for the welcome and yes it is not too far from the city center living by the port. Maybe only 25-30 minutes by bicycle. I don't live of course on the islands, but the port and boat could get me to Shikoku pretty quickly. As far as the Hiroshima port goes, it can jet me over to Kure and Matsuyama in Shikoku.

I have just a simple mini drone. It is the DJI Mini 2. I have not flew mine recently either since the weather got colder. Hoping to fly it again Feb-March!

Chuck2 »

Oh, great a neighbor !

As far as Island visiting, I love the ones off of Kure like Shimokamakarijima. I like Tomonoura and also the islands off of Onomichi are great to bike across if you like that! You can also rent a scooter and fly across faster and even if you don't go to Shikoku, you can ride a boat back to the mainland.

Okunojima is great with the history, nature and of course rabbits. Lovely walk.

I completely understand the internet stranger coming over to film ha. My wife is also vary wary of visitors and so I understand.

If you want to take a look at some videos we did on
a sampling of Hiroshima places/interviews/restaurants, etc, here I can message a short reel (not sure if links are okay to post yet) if you like/request it.

Just helped drone a beautiful beach wedding on motoujina island too near the prince hotel. Fun!

Your kominka w/ a vineyard... wow.. very exciting. Do you keep/give/sell most of what you have? Very curious what this kind of life is like.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

JPNFinancialGuy wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:00 pm
Oh shoot, my notifications are set up correctly yet.
That maybe my bad :oops: not sure if I set up the email subsystem properly yet :oops:
JPNFinancialGuy wrote:
a sampling of Hiroshima places/interviews/restaurants, etc, here I can message a short reel (not sure if links are okay to post yet) if you like/request it.
Posting links is fine :thumbup:

Chuck2

Post by Chuck2 »

JPNFinancialGuy wrote:

Chuck2 »

Just helped drone a beautiful beach wedding on motoujina island too near the prince hotel. Fun!

Your kominka w/ a vineyard... wow.. very exciting. Do you keep/give/sell most of what you have? Very curious what this kind of life is like.
That would be interesting to see your short reel of what you got.

We try and sell all of our grapes and peaches. Peaches like to fall off the trees and so these peaches we can't sell, so me and my family eat enough peaches to make a guy almost sick. But we don't complain about that. Grapes don't fall of the vine and have a wide window for harvest but even still we have odd shaped, small scared or moldy ones that we eat. As for giving, we give a lot to the local wildlife but not on purpose! :lol:

JPNFinancialGuy

Again, I'm never going to be able to reply promptly ha. Nothing to do with the notifications I think.

That is all really cool to hear about farm life and your grapes. I'm sure it is now just the normal to you, but it is so different from the city life I'm stuck in at the moment.

Sure, a reel, I can just post a compilation of highlights here. Mostly stuff from recent things we've taken in the Hiroshima area.

Again, would love to get more island life around Hiroshima this spring and summer. :)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

That's a great video, wish I could produce something like that but sadly my skills aren't at that level.

JPNFinancialGuy

Thank you. I think with a little practice and YouTube as your teacher you can do anything. Really great videos that break down technical shots well online for free. Always going online and searching "How to do a _____ shot" !