Hello from Kyushu

Please introduce yourself
Growing Small

Hello from Kyushu

Post by Growing Small »

Hello, I recently moved with my family to Kyushu. I grew a wild tropical garden at my last semi-permanent home. In the medium term, we're hoping to move out to the countryside...starting a Fukuoka style food forest, growing tons of different fruits (also some unusual ones), living simply off the land, off-grid, etc. are all things that I'm dreaming of in the next years.

I've read quite a bit on this forum already and feel quite at home with the friendly vibe and relaxed tone. I've learned a ton already from just browsing through threads and hopefully I'll be able to contribute a bit here and there in the coming weeks, months and years.

A sidekick and passion of mine is to produce short films on regenerative living, organic farming, sustainable solutions etc. My hope is that the videos will inspire some people to move into the mountains and live as hermits (kidding). I'm running a Youtube channel that will hopefully become a bit of an inventory of Japanese regenerative spaces and people over the coming years. Won't be posting links here...fully trusting in the power of the algorithm to find you :D

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Hello from Kyushu

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to sign up, we really do appreciate that.
Growing Small wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 1:05 pm
I've read quite a bit on this forum already and feel quite at home with the friendly vibe and relaxed tone. I've learned a ton already from just browsing through threads and hopefully I'll be able to contribute a bit here and there in the coming weeks, months and years.
That's really nice to hear, we try to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere here where folk can chat over matters small and large.
Growing Small wrote:
Hello, I recently moved with my family to Kyushu. I grew a wild tropical garden at my last semi-permanent home. In the medium term, we're hoping to move out to the countryside...starting a Fukuoka style food forest, growing tons of different fruits (also some unusual ones), living simply off the land, off-grid, etc. are all things that I'm dreaming of in the next years.
Sounds like an interesting project you have ahead of you and broadly in line with some of the ideas Mrs Nouka and I had when we first started out. Are you thinking of solar panels and a battery for power production/consumption or some completely different ?

Growing Small wrote:
A sidekick and passion of mine is to produce short films on regenerative living, organic farming, sustainable solutions etc. My hope is that the videos will inspire some people to move into the mountains and live as hermits (kidding). I'm running a Youtube channel that will hopefully become a bit of an inventory of Japanese regenerative spaces and people over the coming years. Won't be posting links here...fully trusting in the power of the algorithm to find you :D
Feel free to post links to any of your videos on Youtube, we're more than happy to promote activities and services of members here.

Growing Small

Hello from Kyushu

Post by Growing Small »

Looking forward to being part of this community, thanks for the warm words and welcome!

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Hello from Kyushu

Post by gonbechan »

So lovely to have you with us. Of course, now I am going to be waiting for your videos :D

Personally, if I could have hikari fiber and yamato delivery for things.. I could happily hermit away with nary a neighbour in sight.

Growing Small

Hello from Kyushu

Post by Growing Small »

Thank you for your warm welcome. I've seen lots of off grid folks in the US setting up Starlink...that should take take of your internet needs. Delivery for things...hm, that's probably where the self-sufficiency comes in :D

OnionChutney

Hello from Kyushu

Post by OnionChutney »

Growing Small wrote:

Good morning

We also live in Fukuoka and are in the house/land-hunting process at the moment.
I'd also be very interested in seeing some of these videos.
I'm looking forward to learning from your experience.
Bought the house, now it's time to renovate!

Growing Small

Hello from Kyushu

Post by Growing Small »

Hello there, we're basically neighbors considering the geography of Japan :D Good luck with finding that house & land that speak to you!

NS49

Hello from Kyushu

Post by NS49 »

Hi Growing Small. I found your YouTube channel and I’ve watched one so far. Really good!

“In the medium term, we're hoping to move out to the countryside...starting a Fukuoka style food forest, growing tons of different fruits (also some unusual ones)…”

Interesting. What fruits do you have in mind? I started a thread entitled “Growing Citrus” if you want to add something there.