Hello from Kagoshima :)

Please introduce yourself
Giovanni

Re: Hello from Kagoshima :)

Post by Giovanni » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:58 pm

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:18 am
I've hidden part of Giovanni's post and your reply from guests so that bit is only visible to signed in members of JSL, just to be on the safe side. It probably wasn't necessary to do as I don't think we have any stalkers but you never know with the internet.
Thank you Zasso! I didn't think about that! :)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:11 am

No worries, I doubt it would ever had been a problem. It's probably just me being overly paranoid.

If you want to hide anything from guests you can use the padlock icon, highlight the text, photo or links you want to hide and then click the padlock icon and that will only be visible to logged in members.

Vanilla

Post by Vanilla » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:29 pm

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:18 am
Your farm looks great in the videos, what an awesome lifestyle you guys have. That's a proper old style smallholding and great to see someone being so self sufficient as you. I've subscribed to your channel.

Was interesting to see how you keep your cows, do you cut and dry all your own hay for the cows ?
Thank you so much Zasso! Still we have a lot of work to do and things to improve, but we have a lot of passion and we love live and work on our little homestead :)

Yes, we cut and dry our own hay for the cows but still we are not 100% self sufficient because we are doing everything by hand, we don't have a lot of time and without machine and specific tools is very hard. But sooner or later I hope we can buy what we need for produce food for our animals without any waste.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:40 am

Vanilla wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:29 pm
Yes, we cut and dry our own hay for the cows but still we are not 100% self sufficient because we are doing everything by hand, we don't have a lot of time and without machine and specific tools is very hard. But sooner or later I hope we can buy what we need for produce food for our animals without any waste.
Personally I think that's best way to do it rather than buying loads of machinery right at the start, then you understand the processes behind what you are doing and can make better choices later on which machines are essential and which ones are not really needed. Also, you might find the longer you are there and your neighbours come to know you better you might get offered second hand machinery they no longer want for free, we've been offered several things over the years and was recently given a potato harvester for our tractor so we no longer have to harvest them by hand any more.