Hello, another from Ibaraki

Please introduce yourself
LeeB

Re: Hello, another from Ibaraki

Post by LeeB »

I thought I saw one of those solar heater 'jobs' on that shed when you cleared the bamboo in the video. With the good condition of the rest of the house it may still work.................

You might also want to look into getting a solar system to generate electricity for your house and check into any grants. If you're not living in the house it could be a nice little earner depending on the current costs and feed in tariffs.

I used to have a page and links to that for every prefecture , but got rid of it when the plans to move to Japan were taken off the table.

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

gonbechan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:59 pm
To be honest, if we did it again, we would use the trowel on one.
In your case it would be good as you have a traditional Japanese house with lots of beams to break up the surfaces.
Trowelling it on will also fill in the little gaps that form between plaster and beam over the years.

I think your place would look absolutely awesome with white or off-white plaster.
Thanks, there are little gaps of light between the plaster and beams. We'll probably do the trowel on one as my wife likes the idea of the white plaster too.

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

LeeB wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:04 am
I thought I saw one of those solar heater 'jobs' on that shed when you cleared the bamboo in the video. With the good condition of the rest of the house it may still work.................

You might also want to look into getting a solar system to generate electricity for your house and check into any grants. If you're not living in the house it could be a nice little earner depending on the current costs and feed in tariffs.

I used to have a page and links to that for every prefecture , but got rid of it when the plans to move to Japan were taken off the table.
There was one on top the garage but it was in pretty bad condition. I didn't think to use it, I have to admit. It's in pieces now after we knocked down that garage.

I'll look into solar though, it would great at some point if the house could be sustainable energy-wise.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

I pimped out your Youtube channel on Faceboop. I hope you don't mind.

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

gonbechan wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:34 pm
I pimped out your Youtube channel on Faceboop. I hope you don't mind.
No problem, thanks!

dayunbao

Post by dayunbao »

Been checking out your videos. What a cool old house! Shared one of the videos with my gf, but I don't think it's helping me sell her on the idea of getting an akiya. I'll keep an eye out for new videos.

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

Thanks. To be honest it was a bit of a tough sell on my wife. She was up and down on the idea, but she's fully on board now.

Shizuman

Post by Shizuman »

Hey mate

Just caught your video on Youtube! Very cool place!
The Sado video was pretty cool! always wanted to get out there

Ibaraki llama

Post by Ibaraki llama »

Thanks mate! Yeah sado was pretty interesting. Will visit there in summer with the family - take the ferry and camping gear.