Scott in Osaka

Please introduce yourself
Homesteadish

Scott in Osaka

Post by Homesteadish »

Hi All!
I've been haunting the forum for a couple of weeks now, so I figured it was time to join. :)
I'm keeping an eye out for a place in the countryside to split time in.
Yoroshiku~~

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Scott in Osaka

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Welcome to Japan Simple Life Scott and thank you for taking the time to sign up, it's very much appreciated.

What sort of property are you looking for, a country retreat perhaps, a place to fix up or something else entirely ?

Are you looking to have a small veggy patch or maybe something a little larger ?

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Scott in Osaka

Post by gonbechan »

Hi Scott, great to have you here.
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Homesteadish

Scott in Osaka

Post by Homesteadish »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:05 am
What sort of property are you looking for, a country retreat perhaps, a place to fix up or something else entirely ?

Are you looking to have a small veggy patch or maybe something a little larger ?
I'm looking for a country retreat, I think. Last year put all my classes online and I realized I could do that from almost anywhere I could get a decent internet connection (Or at least a place to run away to when not dealing with classes), within a couple hours of Osaka...
I'd like to find something with Sanrin, and enough space to be able to BBQ without freaking the neighbors out. :)
Plus, those portable sawmills look really cool...
:D

And I'm interested in some of the sustainable aspects (solar, and such...)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Scott in Osaka

Post by Zasso Nouka »

There aren't many good things to have come out of Corona but one thing that has been positive is encouraging remote working and if you can transition over to it then has to be a good thing. You should be able to get fast internet just about anywhere now, barring a few really remote villages deep in the mountains and with 5G rolling out that's just going to get better.
Homesteadish wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:13 pm
I'd like to find something with Sanrin, and enough space to be able to BBQ without freaking the neighbors out. :)
Plus, those portable sawmills look really cool...
:D
Might take a while to find exactly what you are looking for but should be doable and if your land is classified as sanrin you normally have a pretty free hand to do what you want with it
Homesteadish wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:13 pm
And I'm interested in some of the sustainable aspects (solar, and such...)
It's a nice feeling knowing that every time the sun comes out that's earning you money without having to do anything. Solar water heaters are well worth investing in and recover their cost within 3 - 4 years, after that it's pretty much free hot water whenever you turn on the tap.