Hello from Saitama/Niigata

Please introduce yourself
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Crikey man, that UV cut gear looks proper scary but I reckon it would allow even Count Dracula to venture out in the midday sun :lol: certainly no UV is getting through it.
Otona Cream Pie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:38 pm
I managed to save about 8 akamatsu when I was going to down and clearing the jungle. Maybe it's my bias from the forests of California but I want to see pine needles.
I wish we could grow some pines here, particularly akamatsu but there is some beetle that kills them off well before they can mature. Karamatsu seem to do fine and look quite nice. Could you maybe start a few redwoods off ?

Nice Husqvarna by the way ;)

MickByrnes1969

Post by MickByrnes1969 »

Same here in Yamanashi, had to rid myself of quite a few akamatsu from the borders of my land or anywhere near where my house was going to be before the insurance company would insure my house. Bit of a pain but provided me with enough wood to make some temporary walls for the road and garden.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Otona Cream Pie

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:27 am
Crikey man, that UV cut gear looks proper scary but I reckon it would allow even Count Dracula to venture out in the midday sun :lol: certainly no UV is getting through it.
The stuff they sell at Komeri is pretty amusing sometimes. I had to refrain from making a "going to go rob a conbini" joke when I picked these up.
Zasso Nouka wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:27 am
Otona Cream Pie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:38 pm
I managed to save about 8 akamatsu when I was going to down and clearing the jungle. Maybe it's my bias from the forests of California but I want to see pine needles.
I wish we could grow some pines here, particularly akamatsu but there is some beetle that kills them off well before they can mature. Karamatsu seem to do fine and look quite nice. Could you maybe start a few redwoods off ?

Nice Husqvarna by the way ;)
MickByrnes1969 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:21 am
Same here in Yamanashi, had to rid myself of quite a few akamatsu from the borders of my land or anywhere near where my house was going to be before the insurance company would insure my house. Bit of a pain but provided me with enough wood to make some temporary walls for the road and garden.
Not sure if it was that beetle but a few years ago a few of the trees were attacked by something, looked pretty bad but then recovered. Maybe 5 years ago we were blanketed by those moth caterpillars that hung themselves from everything. I lost a few female helpers that year :lol:

Thanks! It's loads of fun! Believe it or not you can totally bring a chainsaw to Japan in your check in luggage. (has to be new with no oil/fuel)

Otona Cream Pie

From last year but you can see they are doing pretty good. Never mind the van down by the river :lol:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Belated welcome.
I must say I have been enjoying your posts , countryside piccies and execution photos.
Marvelous to have you here with us.

Otona Cream Pie

Thanks Gonbechan! I'm a vary visual person so believe me when I say the pics will flow!

I'm surprised noone has asked about the user name. I try not to use the same name on every forum and this was the most recent "there goes my coffee" moment. It's from McDonald's unintentional? gaff menu items from last year.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

I thought it was something incredibly rude so didn't want to ask you about it :oops:

MickByrnes1969

Post by MickByrnes1969 »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:11 pm
I thought it was something incredibly rude so didn't want to ask you about it :oops:
Me too. :lol: I was thinking you had a slightly risque name.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Otona Cream Pie

MickByrnes1969 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:40 am
Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:11 pm
Me too. :lol: I was thinking you had a slightly risque name.
Oh it's definitely what you were thinking, Za Makku turning it into a menu item just makes it fair game.

:dance:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

I knew it :lol: :dance: