Small new farmer just outside Matsue-Shimane

Please introduce yourself
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Do you mean something like this ?

An image that someone can click on and it is actually a link to a product somewhere ? I can give a long winded explanation on how to do it if anyone is interested but right now had a little too much shochu to make it readable/and or comprehensible :razz: :oops:

MatsueMadness

Post by MatsueMadness »

Zasso Nouka wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:47 pm
Do you mean something like this ?

That is exactly what I meant, maybe come back when you're sober :dance:

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Ok, feeling a bit more together now so here goes. This isn't the most elegant way to do it and someone else can probably come up with something far simpler but this is what I came up with last night.

Open up the page you want to link to in a seperate tab and right click on the image you want to use, click the "Copy image location" or similar option. Insert that into your post using the "Insert Image" bbcode button (Here's a guide on how to upload images in BBCode for anyone unsure - Wiki How)

Next copy the url of the page you want to link to and insert that into your post using the "Insert url" button and in the "Optional description" box put something like "Image" or any other short word. Next "Cut/ctrl X" the bbcode for your image, something like

{IMG}hxxps://wvvw.something.com/picture.jpg{/IMG} - Your bbcode will be using square rather than curly brackets and will be https rather than hxxps

And paste that over the top of the word "Image" (or whatever word you used) in the "Insert url" bbcode so you have something like this

{url=hxxps://wvvw.website.com/somesortoflink}{IMG}hxxps://vvww.something.com/picture.jpg{/IMG}{/url}

Tora

Post by Tora »

We used to have one of those geraniums called “katorisou”. It smaller vey lemony. I put it right next to the back door of our apartment garden in the city where there were swarms of hungry mosquitoes year round. We still had lots of mosquitoes in our apartment at night. Possibly cuz wifey didn’t think she needed to close the door between trips to take laundry in or out….

One day I moved that geranium away from the back door for some reason (probably cuz it got big and was in the way) and we seemed to have fewer mosquitoes in our apartment after that :lol:

Maybe i got a bad/cheap plant at the home center?

MatsueMadness

Post by MatsueMadness »

Tora wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:25 pm
We used to have one of those geraniums called “katorisou”. It smaller vey lemony. I put it right next to the back door of our apartment garden in the city where there were swarms of hungry mosquitoes year round. We still had lots of mosquitoes in our apartment at night. Possibly cuz wifey didn’t think she needed to close the door between trips to take laundry in or out….

One day I moved that geranium away from the back door for some reason (probably cuz it got big and was in the way) and we seemed to have fewer mosquitoes in our apartment after that :lol:

Maybe i got a bad/cheap plant at the home center?
LOL or maybe they were glad they could finally escape the house past the evil plant

baragua

Post by baragua »

@MatsueMadness: You mentioned you were interested in microgreens--any suggestions on where to get them here? In the US, I would buy bulk seeds at https://www.trueleafmarket.com. Anything like that exist here?

MatsueMadness

Post by MatsueMadness »

baragua wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:43 pm
@MatsueMadness: You mentioned you were interested in microgreens--any suggestions on where to get them here? In the US, I would buy bulk seeds at https://www.trueleafmarket.com. Anything like that exist here?
sorry bud, as I said it was something that I see on youtube on how to turn an acre farm into a profitable business and they always mention microgreens. I was hoping someone else would pipe up and give some info

baragua

Post by baragua »

OK, think I found a source after going through the links that Zasso shared in the resources thread. Nakahara sells sprout seeds by the liter and the prices are more or less in line with what I was paying back home. Link here . Placed an order this morning, will let you know what the seeds look when they arrive.

MatsueMadness

Post by MatsueMadness »

baragua wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:18 am
OK, think I found a source after going through the links that Zasso shared in the resources thread. Nakahara sells sprout seeds by the liter and the prices are more or less in line with what I was paying back home. Link here . Placed an order this morning, will let you know what the seeds look when they arrive.
Cheers for that man that's a good site. Just realized you're the fella from the other side of Mt Daisen. Good to hear you made it here safe and sound, hope the sudden temperature change was manageable

baragua

Post by baragua »

Good to hear you made it here safe and sound, hope the sudden temperature change was manageable
Thanks bro! Cold as heck, but not as bad as I was expecting. Kotatsu + heated rug during the day, and piling on the blankets at night. Actually pretty cozy.