Forum upgrade

Forthcoming changes or site maintenance
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Forum upgrade

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:03 am

I've got a few days off over the new year so will probably attempt to upgrade the forum software. because of some changes we made to some of the files it isn't a straightforward upgrade so the forum may go down for a while and may look a little odd when it comes back up as I'm not sure all of the extensions we installed are compatible with the new version.

Will try to keep any downtime to a minimum but wanted to let everyone know in advance in case you experience any difficulties during that time. Haven't got a definite time frame yet but thinking at some point between the 1st and 4th of January.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Forum upgrade

Post by Zasso Nouka » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm

Well the upgrade has succeeded and we are now on the latest version of the forum software but to me the appearance of the board looks hideous.

All of our posts are safe as far as I can see but obviously there needs to be some work done on the appearance of the forum.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Have managed to restore the old look and feel of the forum but you may find that you need to 'zoom' in on the page, ie hold down the control button and scroll your mouse wheel or hold down the following buttons 'ctrl' + 'shift' + '+' so that the forum fills your entire browser window.

Any problems please post here and we will try and fix them

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Forum seems to be settling down but not sure if the same will be for everyone. There are still some extensions to be updated and a few other bits and bobs to be sorted out.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:59 am

Will give the forum a couple more days to settle down and then will try and get us back onto CloudFlare.

Don't anticipate any downtime here as the new DNS record propagate globally but you never know, I'm sure I'll find some way to make it more difficult than it should be :doh: