Okayama Pref. 5,718.00㎡ Sanrin 480万円

A place for properties in the countryside
gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Google Map
A nice big chunk of sanrin land with some field (hatake)
Forest: 4,200.00㎡ (approx. 1,270 tsubo)
Field: 1,518.00㎡ (approx. 459 tsubo)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Lovely big plot of land :thumbup: so you could build a house close to the solar farm with easy access to the nearby road and do whatever you like with the rest of the land ?

Looks like getting an electricity hookup shouldn't be a problem and sinking a well there could be pretty straightforward. Some of the nearby land looks like it's not currently being used on Google Streetview so maybe expansion in the near future is possible.

All in all a nice find :thumbup:

Are you putting an offer in ? :lol:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

I wish haha.

Frass2k4

Post by Frass2k4 »

Man i wish i could find something like this in west tokyo or saitama. This would be amazing.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Frass2k4 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:36 am
Man i wish i could find something like this in west tokyo or saitama. This would be amazing.
There are probably plenty of properties like this in the area you are looking for but they are unlikely to be advertised as most people don't think anyone would be interested in buying. My advice would be to head out to an area and look for old style real estate agents, the kind of guys that operate out of a small office tucked away somewhere and don't have any online presence but what they do have is contacts, lots and lots of local contacts. Don't bother with places with a centrally located shop with lots of apartments in the shop window as they are likely just interested in that market. You've got to reach out to the old boys that have built up a huge network over the years.

Tell them what you are looking for and they will start making enquiries, it may take time but gradually odd plots of land will start popping up as word spreads that someone is actually looking to buy. Eventually something will tick all your boxes and you can get down to haggling.

Tora

Post by Tora »

In addition to Zasso’s excellent advice, I would add to other methods.

Talk with the head of the local shrine. They often know a lot about the community and might be able to put you in touch with people thinking about selling before it’s on the market.

Look around yourself, and if you find a place that looks like it’s in (serious) need of a loving new owner, ask the neighbors. Be human. Be friendly. Try to see things from their perspective of dealing with some “crazy foreigner” coming into their quaint little community and asking a lot of questions. Many will be suspicious. Many will say no. But it’s how I and a different friend found out places. It took me a few years to find a place in my area but I was pretty selective (most wouldn’t guess that from looking at it though!). Places in this category might need a lot mor work to get them usable but the owners might also be really excited to have someone take the property off their hands and care for it. A lot of people end up being the owners of places they don’t know what to do with and it ends up being the cause of a lot of stress for them.

Good luck in your search!