Agri Week 2021

A forum for any workshops or events you might be organising or know of and think other might be interested in.
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2021

Post by Zasso Nouka »

After a rather downbeat event last year thanks to Covid it looks like they are trying for a bigger event this year. Hopefully by the autumn the vaccination efforts will have been ramped up considerably so that more exhibitors and visitors can attend, we did feel really sorry for the exhibitors that showed up last year as so much of their effort must have gone to waste with so few visitors.

So, it's got all the usual sections farming, gardening, livestock, packaging with industrialisation added on, smart zone (drones & IT) and my personal favourite the tool section and the usual seminars. As usual Makuhari Messe isn't well served for lunch with the one food court ram packed with long queues so grab something to eat in Aeon before heading into the event or after.

More information and ticket application can be found here

Agri Expo Tokyo

Shizuman

Agri Week 2021

Post by Shizuman »

thanks for posting mate, ill be heading along.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2021

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hopefully it will be a good one this year. Be sure to try the gelato machine ;), last year because there were so few visitors they didn't mind if you had a whole bunch of samples. I think I tried all of the flavours they had on offer :dance:

Shizuman

Agri Week 2021

Post by Shizuman »

I missed that last time! To absorbed in all the toy.... Ahem tools on display!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2021

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Kabocha gelato is surprisingly good, komatsuna flavoured ice cream didn't work for me :angry-nono:

Did you have a go at the log sawing competition ? Mrs Nouka actually put in a fairly respectable time but their champion was obviously a real pro.

Chuck2

Agri Week 2021

Post by Chuck2 »

Man, I would love to go to this event, wish it was in November. Do you guys just go for 1 day and if so does that give you enough time to see everything?
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2021

Post by Zasso Nouka »

They have a Kansai event in the spring I think.

In a normal year a single day is usually enough to see everything, last year thanks to covid we did it in a few hours. A lot of stuff is geared towards big farms but still plenty for smaller farms and enough small start-ups with interesting new products and ideas.

Chuck2

Agri Week 2021

Post by Chuck2 »

Thanks, I will look into the Kansai event. Osaka is definitely easier to get to and spring isn't as busy a time for me.
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Agri Week 2021

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Here is a link for the kansai event

Agri Expo Osaka

Once you've registered you'll get invitations for many of their other events, some are interesting some not so much.

If you can get an invite to FoodEx that one is awesome, go on the last day and you can pick all sorts of stuff the exhibitors don't want to take home. I've come away with bottles of really nice Armagnac, Calvados, Shochu and packs of German sausage, swiss cheese as well as French and Italian wines. Mrs Nouka is too embarrassed to traipse around with me but luckily I have no sense of shame and to be honest many of the foreign exhibitors just seem happy to be able to speak to someone in English. One year we got so much Scottish smoked salmon that we ended up giving loads away as we couldn't eat any more and a friend of ours filled her apartment with mushroom growing kits cultivating all sorts of different exotic mushrooms :lol:

Otona Cream Pie

Agri Week 2021

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

I think I went to this 2 years ago when they held it in Yokohama? (or something similar) Was pretty neat, great for ideas.