Founder

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by gonbechan »

Also I found this for you ... @baragua

Tottori Prefecture Manure links

baragua

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by baragua »

Thank you so much for this, gonbechan! I will share with my wife as soon as she wakes up tomorrow :)

It's going to be at least several weeks before I'm able to join her due to the visa stuff, so we've been making plans for her to start building some compost piles while we wait. This will be immensely helpful!

baragua

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by baragua »

Hey gang, update here--my wife arrived in Japan yesterday evening and has just started her first day of not-quite-quarantine in Tokyo. She'll be submitting my COE paperwork at the immigration office in Yonago once she's allowed to use public transport.

Hoping it all goes quick and smoothly and I'm there with her before too long. Cross your fingers for us!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Best of luck guys, hope everything goes smoothly :thumbup:

baragua

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by baragua »

Hey gang, wanted to share an update: wife just received my approved COE in the mail, so I'm one step closer to making the move. Huge relief--was worried this would take way longer! Now just gotta wait for the document to arrive here, and take it to the embassy in LA. Hope that step is just as speedy. Wish me continued luck!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Best of luck man, hope you get over here as soon as possible :thumbup:

baragua

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by baragua »

Hey gang, finally made it here (by the skin of my teeth, it feels like). I came from California, and the news broke that they detected the first US case of the omicron variant in the state an hour or so before I landed in Seoul. Made for a nerve wracking few hours waiting for my connection to Osaka. But I got in, went through the arrival marathon, and came out with five year residence card. Phew. A kind neighbor picked me up at KIX and we did the 3+ hour drive home.

Still getting my bearings, but it's good to be here. Been raining much of the day so I haven't had a chance to do a proper tour of the grounds, but I'm hyped to get my hands dirty!

DocDoesFarming

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Congrats and good luck!
How did you score a 5 year card? I'm guessing you've had one before or something?
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

baragua

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by baragua »

How did you score a 5 year card? I'm guessing you've had one before or something?
Honestly man, no idea. I've visited quite a bit over the years, but never got anything other than a tourist visa. My hunch is that could have something to do with the length of our marriage. We've been married for 10+ years and we documented it well in my visa application process. Can't think of anything else.

Chuck2

Coming to Tottori soon

Post by Chuck2 »

That's great news you were able to make it in and to get a 5 year visa. Did your flights have minimal passengers?
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."