Hi from Hanamigawa, Chiba

Please introduce yourself
Fiesta farm Japan

Post by Fiesta farm Japan »

My name is Enrique, from Mexico, ex-oil/gas ENP (more to the exploration side). Living in Japan on and off since 2006. With oil crisis, permanently living and farming for Mexican produce since 2017 in Chiba. Very interested in farming not only crops but energy, from compost heat recovery (CHRS), solar heaters for greenhouse.
Cheers
Enrique

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Hi Enrique,

Welcome to Japan Simple Life and thank you for joining our little community. That's quite a change from your previous career to farming, must be quite a different lifestyle. What sort of system do you use to heat your greenhouses ? I'd love to be able to provide a little extra heat in mine but haven't gotten round to trying anything yet.

I edited your surname out of your post just to preserve a little more privacy, I hope you don't mind.

baragua

Post by baragua »

Bienvenido, Enrique! I just moved to Japan from Santa Ana, CA (originally from Miami, FL), and I would give my left arm for un pozole right now. If you're growing chayote and tomatillo, I might have to do the 10 hour to Chiba to come shopping!

Fiesta farm Japan

Hi all, thank you for the edit!
House is heated with heavy oil, it is an old house that I rented. Has a 12 ton tank, and I want to heat it with concentrated solar elements.

Do have corn not for pozole, but works , tomatillo in spring summer, trying in greenhouse this yr. Chayote is common in Japan so I don’t grow, but neighbor do.

Otona Cream Pie

Post by Otona Cream Pie »

Órale Enrique!

Love what you're trying to do and look forward to seeing progress! I'm also from SoCal so totally down for a pozole party :lol:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Hola y bienvenidos! Le diré al señor Gonbe que venga a saludar adecuadamente más tarde. Mi español es muy malo.

It is great to have you here and I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Tora

Post by Tora »

Hola Enrique! Un plesur conocerle!

I’ve been trying some of the things you mentioned in your introductory post. It’s in the Greenhouse thread in the Country life section. I’m only an amateur and learning as I go but would love to hear advice/experience, exchange ideas, etc if you are interested in that kind of conversation.

What kind of vegetables you are growing. I started growing some some cactus in hopes of getting some nopales and atuna. I lived outside Puebla in the shadow of Popocatepl for a while a long time ago and really miss it.

Looking forward to hearing more about you and what you’re doing.

Fiesta farm Japan

Hi Tora, so far just ideas. Investment is high for a CSP para la heat element, sun tracking & high temp/pressure piping. But inside out house have a 12 ton tank that could be heated and released at night by circulation of hot water in the house.

Fiesta farm Japan

Otona Cream Pie wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:44 pm
Órale Enrique!

Love what you're trying to do and look forward to seeing progress! I'm also from SoCal so totally down for a pozole party :lol:
Sure nixtamal is ready, let me know and can do something at the farm!

Fiesta farm Japan

gonbechan wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:49 pm
Hola y bienvenidos! Le diré al señor Gonbe que venga a saludar adecuadamente más tarde. Mi español es muy malo.

It is great to have you here and I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.
English works fine, your Spanish is better than my Japanese. Nice to meet you too!