The Simple Life Diet and WORKOUT thread!!

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: The Simple Life Diet and WORKOUT thread!!

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Unfortunately selling at farmer's markets is a necessary part of our business and not something we can skip for a few months, we have regular customers at these events we'd be letting down if we didn't show up and also it's a vital part of our income.

We already work late the night before and get up super early on the the morning of each market to prepare and pack fresh produce so making a bento is a little difficult, actually it's almost impossible. Hence the question about what sort of conbini food is suitable. I noticed the other day that 7 sells cooked chicken breasts so maybe that could be suitable and they have some fairly nice looking salads that could be eaten without the dressing maybe or we take a little oil, vinegar and salt along to use as our own dressing.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

Conbini is easy.

Seven Eleven:
Get a couple of boiled eggs, some mayonnaise sachets and some of this

Put the mayo on the chicken instead of the neggi and tare (has carbs) and eat with the boiled eggs.

Remember mayo is your friend. You can pile it on. Especially since that chicken is low fat by the looks of it.

If you feel peckish during the day, a great snack to take with you is one of these which you can get cheapishly at Gyoumu Super.

It is proper Camembert but with herb garlic or black pepper inside. Each segment is individually wrapped so no fuss with cutting.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

That's an absolute lifesaver Gonbechan, thank you :thumbup:

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

How are the new dieters feeling after one week of the new regimen?
Are we bouncing out of bed in the mornings yet?
Don't laugh, that is actually one of the side effects of low carbing.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Not really springing out of bed just yet, unless we're talking about a particularly rusty, creaky spring that squeals with every movement :lol:

Eric in Japan

Post by Eric in Japan »

Well, I am not actually low carb dieting, just eating much smaller meals, no snacks, and exercise.
Down two kilos.
"... so, the cucumbers said to the cabbage, `Lettuce Go.`"

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Great news,
The beauty of a ketogenic, low carb diet is that you can still enjoy yourself from time-to-time with alcohol and still lose weight!
Source

Chu-Hi back on the menu :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

paradoxbox

Post by paradoxbox »

Be careful with alcohol on a no-carb diet! Chu-hai won't work with a low carb diet

But you could make your own version of a chu-hai with vodka as I mentioned, or the other alcohols listed on that page. But, no sugar! It will undo everything in short order, no kidding.

If the no-carb thing is really really tough, do like Eric is and just do a calorie-count sort of diet where you just limit your calories or portions each day. They're both viable methods of losing weight!

For a sorta close substitute you could try using carbonated water with lemon and lime juice. There are probably some sugars in the lemons and limes but not enough to kill your diet. Overdoing the alcohol might break it though so I'd limit myself to 1 or 2 shots per week. Remember you can start drinking again after you lose the weight..!

I really need to stress the importance of proper exercise as well...A female friend of mine recently suffered a slipped disk which I believe was caused by excessive training of her front side muscles. She completely neglected her back, neck and shoulder muscles, just chasing after a 6 pack. Think of a guitar - inside the guitar neck there is a bar that counteracts all that tension from the strings when they're tuned up tight. That bar inside the neck is your core/spine muscles, if they're weak your bones are going to be pulled in all the wrong ways leading to injury or discomfort. Make sure to work out all your body, not just a few parts.

My progress this week: Down to 67kg and body fat percentage is at 17%. Happy with the progress so far. Not really dieting much at all. Drinking a lot of protein and eating a lot of chicken.

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

paradoxbox wrote: so I'd limit myself to 1 or 2 shots per week.
:eek:

Per week or day ? :D Only joking. Strong Zero only has 0.5g of carbs per 100ml and has 9% alcohol so you can drink less and I've noticed a drop in alcohol tolerance as well so that also helps.

I really do enjoy a small can at the end of a hard day's work but if it has to go it has to go. I do think it is a bitter irony how most of the things we enjoy consuming end up being bad for our health. Life could be so much easier if ice cream, alcohol or smoking were actually good for you instead of the other way around.

gonbechan
Founder
Founder

Post by gonbechan »

You could always do tequila shots.. the juice of one lemon has 4g net carbs.
So, if you quarter the lemon you can have 4 shots.
If you cut the lemon into 8ths, then the night is your oyster on a silver lining of cloud platters, or something.