Hello from Northern Hiroshima

Please introduce yourself
Chris64

Re: Hello from Northern Hiroshima

Post by Chris64 »

I think there is a limitation on a tablet....

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

I don't have an iPad to test it with but my HTC phone and Samsung Galaxy seem to translate it no problem. What tablet are you using ? Is Chrome refusing to translate the page or saying it's unable to translate ?

Chris64

Post by Chris64 »

iPad.
Google says it can only translate so much... but it works 100% on the laptop. If I select a paragraph at a time, no problem.

I get the same kind of problem when I want to post a pic - in this case a cropped screen grab of the baguette recipe. “ Error, file too large”

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Unfortunately Apple doesn't really like Google so they restrict Google products on some of their products which is probably why you are getting the problem on the iPad. On my phones Chrome translates the entire website without issue and I can use the site as if was entirely in English (apart from some rather unusual phrasing).

As for posting pictures here we have a size limit to save on disk space as we only have a limited amount, I think it's around 100KiB. If you want to post a larger picture then host it on an external platform like TinyPic and then use the link they give you with the 'Insert Image' icon when posting.