Hello from Susie

Please introduce yourself
Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Hello from Susie

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Can't comment on the Australian side of things but you are going to need a lawyer eventually, for that you are either going to need one that speaks English or you will need to hire an interpreter as you will need to be talking to them. You will probably need the ongoing services of a translator anyway as you will be dealing with the local council and receiving letters and tax bills from them.

Furusato-net isn't specifically for Japanese or residents but it's quite likely the agent handling the property isn't an English speaker and depending on their age may not be internet savvy and unfamiliar with Google Translate. Did you send your enquiry in English or Japanese ?

susie2609

Post by susie2609 »

Thanks for this info :)

I received a reply late yesterday with the property address and it's looking good - just working out finances before coming over for a look and, if there a are no major structural issues, we'll go ahead with purchase.

Pretty excited!

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

Exciting times ahead, best of luck :thumbup:

korekaranoka

Post by korekaranoka »

Hello susie2609 ! Don't know if you're still following this thread but, in the off-chance, I thought I'd say hello. I live and farm in the Saku region (Mochizuki, to be exact, which is actually closer to Tateshina) so if you have any questions about the area, feel free.

Chris64

Post by Chris64 »

Welcome Susie!
I am so glad you joined because you ask different questions than I do and I gain by the answers! I hope your dream happens! Please keep us informed of all the information you gather.