Keeping a monster dog

A forum for DIY, cars, pets and all things related to home life
Wolfsong013

Re: Keeping a monster dog

Post by Wolfsong013 »

edmundedgar wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:42 pm
Just a thought and maybe a naive one, but if it's always the same kids (how many can there be out in the untamed wilderness beyond Kanuma) is it possible to introduce them to the monster dog? Presumably the kids are just bored, maybe they could learn to play less antagonistically and the dog could see them as friends???
It's always the same kids who live up the road. Unfortunately it's a tough situation. Monster dog is rough even when being friendly (he's never learned his own size) and is a big liability if he does snap at them(especially if we allowed them over in the first place). Also, he was purchased to keep people out, so we don't want him to welcome anyone to the house either.

Once we finish remodeling the new house , luckily we will have a very tall, sturdy fence line. Until then, we just have to keep him from mauling anyone unjustly (even though those kids and their parents are punks)

Zasso Nouka
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zasso Nouka »

That was terrible you having a stalker and lucky for you that he defended you well, he was doing his best to look after you guys.

As I said before I don't really have any practical advice to offer other than the thought that when you move to your new place he won't have the same idiots to deal with and with a good fence you'll be able to give him a bit more freedom.

DocDoesFarming

Post by DocDoesFarming »

Wolfsong013 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:52 pm
We caught some elementary school kids teasing him, throwing rocks, and antagonizing him. We went to the school and police with the video evidence, but those kids continue to rule him up and tease him, even with their parents present!

I'm worried about him savaging the kids who are tormenting him.
If they're throwing rocks at him I wouldn't be worrying if I was in your position.
I write a load of bollocks, don't take me seriously.

Wolfsong013

Post by Wolfsong013 »

DocDoesFarming wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:47 am
Wolfsong013 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:52 pm
We caught some elementary school kids teasing him, throwing rocks, and antagonizing him. We went to the school and police with the video evidence, but those kids continue to rule him up and tease him, even with their parents present!

I'm worried about him savaging the kids who are tormenting him.
If they're throwing rocks at him I wouldn't be worrying if I was in your position.
Normally, if agree with you, but knowing he doesn't give warning bites, I'd really like to avoid young kids getting mauled/killed by him (although they certainly deserve a bite or two!)